iRobot Corporation, with a mission of “empowering people to do more” is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
We are seeking an Electrical Engineering Co-op to join our Engineering Department. As an iRobot intern, you will work both independently and with other interns to directly support the engineering staff, on tasks ranging from data collection to design projects. You should be comfortable multitasking and generating deliverables with the appropriate level of detail.
This co-op will start in July and will be for 6 months.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Perform testing and evaluation of robotic components
- Test and troubleshoot circuit board assemblies
- Driving robots and providing feedback on performance-related issues
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) support for design changes, including submission of changes through the Engineering Review Board and Change Control Board
- Analysis of robotic components
- Design and create cable assemblies
- Developing test metrics and evaluating new designs
- Writing reports to document how the robot satisfies a given requirement
- Outstanding academic record
- Broad scholastic experience in multiple disciplines.
- Aptitude/Desire to work in a dynamic environment in a self motivated, action oriented fashion
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Comfortable exploring work tasks, seeking out answers, and working independently when necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills track record, excellent oral and written communicati
More Jobs From