We are seeking an experienced and versatile Electrical Engineer to join our Watertown-based Engineering team to develop next generation wireless charging products for the electric vehicle industry. The candidate will work within our Vehicle Integration Team where we are developing solutions to upgrade existing EVs with wireless charging capability. The individual will support OEM/Tier 1 engagements, vehicle kit product development, and in-house integrations for vehicles being upgraded in our lab. The candidate should be comfortable working in a small, hands on, energetic team, and be flexible to adapt as product and market demands evolve.
- Responsible for driving the electrical integration design activities that are needed to integrate wireless charging into EVs
- Develop custom PCBAs, cables, modules, etc.
- Contribute to the productization of vehicle integrations by working with vehicle OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers
- Responsible for the electrical design & maintenance throughout the hardware platform product life cycle.
- Organize and perform prototyping efforts, direct and coordinate in-house and external prototype fabrication efforts.
- Responsible for the EE design documentation, updates, writing test reports, and carrying out qualification tests.
- Communicate/collaborate with various team members, both verbal and written, on technical issues and provide technical support to customers.
- Work closely with project leader to complete other tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems and/or EVs is preferred
- Proficiency in design of wiring, cabling, connector selection, shielding, noise management, electrical packaging, heat sinking, and analog circuit design
- Experience with circuit design, PCB layout (Altium Designer), and prototype assembly
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Testing (DFT), and Compliance best practices
- Familiar with the design principles of vehicle charging piles
- Experience with hands-on projects and familiarity with electrical and mechanical workshop tools
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WiTricity is the global industry leader in wireless charging, powering a sustainable future of mobility that is electric and autonomous. WiTricity’s patented magnetic resonance technology is being incorporated into global automakers’ and Tier 1 suppliers’ EV roadmaps and is the foundation of major global standards developed to support wide-scale adoption. Advancements like dynamic charging of moving vehicles, and the charging of autonomous robots and vehicles without human intervention all depend on WiTricity technology. See how WiTricity enables a magically simple, efficient charging experience.