SimpliSafe is seeking an electrical engineer in the sustaining group to refine and update our existing line of camera, and alarm system products.
This position will be updating designs and overseeing part changes to improve reliability, minimize component constraints, and reduce end-to-end cost of existing products.
In this role, you will:
- Assess challenges and design issues at full system level across domains including electrical, firmware/software, and more.
- Review and update schematics and components within a fast-paced engineering environment
- Lead root cause analysis on electrical and electro-mechanical issues and drive to identify solutions that minimally impact cost, quality, manufacturing down time
- Develop corrective action for issues and oversee implementation to mass production
- Interface with overseas manufacturing partners regularly from troubleshooting to mass production
- Take ownership of multiple projects with minimal guidance
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with ME, FW, Ops and other interdisciplinary teams
- Value progress over perfection by delivering on time and on budget
- Have a BS or greater in EE, ECE or equivalent
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience within Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Low-power, analog, and digital circuit design
- Working knowledge of Schematic capture and PCB layout
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART, USB.
- Experience with wireless electronics is a plus (WiFi, BLE, Sub-GHz RF).
- Knowledge of Design for manufacture/large scale production.
- Familiar with embedded systems and how they apply to consumer electronics or a similar industry.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment
- Experience working with contract manufacturers in Asia is a plus
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture and we have recently been named a 'Top Place to Work' in 2021 by the Boston Business Journal. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industries. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- And many more!