Vecna Robotics seeks an Electrical Engineer II who can help design and implement Vecna's high performance robotic systems. This role is part of a small and agile team reporting to the Chief Architect of Advanced Development Programs.
In this role you will:
- Schematic design, PCB layout, and review of multi-layer PCB assemblies.
- Specification of appropriate components including embedded controls, analog and digital components, wiring harnesses and connectors.
- Prototype breadboarding and bench testing of proposed designs.
- Complete documentation of all designs, including block diagrams, schematics, PCB layouts, BOMs, wiring diagrams, assembly instructions and testing procedures.
- Work with mechanical and software control engineers to satisfy system requirements.
- Assemble, test and debug first article hardware and track necessary revisions.
- Support agency certification activities.
What we are looking for:
- BS Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 3 years minimum of work experience.
- Previous digital and multi-layer PCB design experience.
- Experience with prototype development processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with PCB assembly and soldering.
- Strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with PIC32 and/or ARM microcontroller firmware development preferred.
- Knowledge of RTOS and real time systems preferred.
- Experience with Altium preferred.
- Experience with power electronics (~1kW) and power management systems preferred.
- Experience with CE (safety, EMI, ESD, etc), FCC, UL and other agency certifications preferred.
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.
More Jobs From