Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Desktop Metal is seeking a talented and self-motivated junior Electrical Engineer. The ideal candidate will have some experience in at least one of the following: analog and digital circuits, embedded systems, motor control, AC/DC design. They should enjoy problem solving and working in a collaborative environment. The Electrical Engineer will be involved in the design, fabrication, test and sustainment of the worlds most advanced 3D printers and support equipment. Activities might include new product development, improvements to the reliability and efficacy of existing products, board and subassembly tester design, implementation of cost-effective and sustainable solutions. You will have responsibility for meeting design specifications, project schedules, and working with other engineers on bringing new products to production.
- Schematic design and pcb layout for low to medium complexity projects with corresponding component library creation and maintenance.
- Debugging and bring-up of pcbs.
- Design and assembly of pcb testers with proper documentation and instructions for CMs
- Design verification plans, and functional test procedures
- Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team and partners
- Supporting the electrical and system teams in product development and debugging
- Thorough understanding of technical principles and concepts in electrical engineering
- Experience with Hardware Design Tools: bench power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, signal generators
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional team of electrical, software, systems, and mechanical engineers
- Soldering skills for through-hole and surface mount components
- Able to provide the customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions
- Ability to effectively manage time when working on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and eagerness to learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS / MS Electrical Engineering (or similar field) with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in AC and DC power design, sensors, motors or drives control
- Basic knowledge of different types of communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB, etc.
- Altium or other schematic and layout capture tools with some experience in schematic entry and layout tools.
- Experience with FPGA design
- FW design experience
- Circuit simulators (such as LTSpice)
- Python, Matlab, and/or Labview
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.