Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. Were expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors theyll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The entire BookBub team is currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded and work remotely during this time as well. Our team values the health and safety of our people above all else, and though we hope to return to our office in Cambridge, MA, as soon as it's safe to do so, we are continuing to work distributedly for the foreseeable future.
About the position
Do you love finding the perfect books for your friends, family, and loved ones even when their tastes are different from your own? If so, keep reading! BookBub seeks a hardworking individual to curate, organize, and edit content for our fast-growing community of book lovers, primarily through our Featured Deals product, an email filled with ebook deals that goes out to millions of readers each day. Were looking for a savvy wordsmith and creative thinker whos excited to learn and grow at BookBub. This is a great opportunity for a recent grad or early-career candidate with a passion for book discovery.
Heres an example of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in the position:
- Assess and curate Featured Deal book submissions for a number of BookBubs genre categories, making data-driven decisions based on internal metrics and industry research
- Write and edit appealing, error-free ad copy for the daily Featured Deals email
- Reliably and accurately proofread and edit the daily Featured Deals email before it goes out to millions of readers
- Develop an in-depth and hands-on understanding of BookBubs business model and products
- Contribute content to other products new release discovery, book recommendations, blog posts, content marketing, site discovery, etc. as needed
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Passion for matching readers with books theyll enjoy
- Outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills, along with meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to collaborate with peers and colleagues and work cross-functionally with other teams
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment where work can be required at off-hours (occasional weekends and holidays, always scheduled in advance)
- The ability to think analytically and get excited about BookBubs data-driven approach to decision-making
- Demonstrated interest in publishing or bookselling (knowledge of speculative fiction is a plus!)
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where youll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, well typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, youre trusting us with your time so well do our best to run a process for you thats as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
We want to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.