Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Desktop Metal is seeking a talented Designer/Drafter to join us at this exciting stage of growth for a 6-month contract position. The Engineering Design team provides 3D design and 2D drafting support to the mechanical engineering teams across our many product lines, throughout the full lifecycle of each product.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to finalize products for manufacturing and release new designs and changes through a formal ECO process within the PLM system
- Create new component geometry based on hand sketches and early 3D design models
- Create detailed assembly and component drawings for manufacturing using industry standards, best practices, and GD&T per Y14.5 standards
- Import and/or create 3D geometry for off-the-shelf parts using best practices
- Research technical datasheets and compliance information for off-the-shelf components for release into the PLM system
- 3+ years documenting designs in accordance with ASME Y14.5-2009
- Proficiency with Product Lifecycle Management PLM software and ECOs
- Attention to detail and dedication to thoroughness while working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solidworks proficiency
- Excels at GD&T and its application
- Experience using Solidworks PDM and PLM systems
- BS or AS in Mechanical Engineering or a degree from a technical college
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes (sheet metal, machining, laser cutting, injection molding and castings)
- Knowledgeable in both top down and bottom-up modeling techniques
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.