WiTricity is seeking a Document Control Specialist to join our Engineering team. This critical engineering support role shall help aid as a resource to support Mechanical, Electrical, Product, Component, and Manufacturing Engineering job related functions around the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software and product document creation/release processes. This role will work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to support communication between external Contract Manufacturers and WiTricity Engineering. This is a remote position.
- Collaborate with design engineers to perform document control reviews and audits to ensure drawings and documentation adheres to internal standards and formatting requirements.
- Aid in support to generate/revise engineering product documentation using Mechanical/Electrical drafting software (SolidWorks/Altium).
- Implement Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) within internal PLM system and release to internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate the Change Control Board (CCB) process by reviewing documents, drawings and associated supporting documentation submitted by Engineering and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs); modifying as needed to ensure clarity, compliance, and completeness.
- Provide advice and guidance on overall configuration management process, methods, tools, procedures and requirements to project team members responsible for the creation and ownership of the product drawings and documentation.
- Act as a liaison between external contract manufacturers/manufacturing engineering and internal engineering departments.
- Support program audits including function and physical product configuration audits.
- May provide other functional support as assigned to assist in the execution of various engineering and program management activities.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of WiTricity product documentation release process for ME/EE/Firmware departments.
- Support documentation requests to aid in UL, RoHS/REACH, CA Prop65 certification.
- Associate degree or higher in engineering, technology, business preferred and/or equivalent, and 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or contract manufacturing.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in document control/mechanical drafter or other detail related position.
- Experience using version/revision control tools for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) such as Arena Empower, Oracle Windchill, Siemens Teamcenter.
- Proficiency in understanding product documentation creation and structure; revision control, ECRs, ECOs.
- Understanding of contract manufacturing processes from PCBA FAB and assembly to mechanical box builds. Preferred knowledge of IPC standards.
- Understanding of proper Bill of Material (BOM) creation and structure.
- Experience providing a high level customer service and support to multiple internal/external customers, and other stakeholders in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organizational skills a must.
WiTricity is the pioneer in wireless charging for electric vehicles, leading the development and implementation of magnetic resonance technology across passenger and commercial vehicles. The company’s products are backed by an extensive patent portfolio that supports ratified global EV wireless charging standards including SAE, ISO, and GB. Automakers and Tier 1 suppliers look to WiTricity to help accelerate the adoption of EVs by eliminating the hassle of plug-in charging and setting the stage for future autonomy. Beyond EVs, WiTricity technology is foundational to the wireless charging of many products, from consumer electronics to micro-mobility to robotics.