Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
We are looking for our first Director of Marketing Operations to own short- and long-term marketing operations strategy and planning, lead key initiatives, marketing systems and processes, and enable the marketing team to operate efficiently and scale productively. As a trusted advisor and essential partner to leaders across business units and functions (Marketing, Finance, Sales, and BD), you will help define and drive Marketings strategic direction. You will manage planning and operational processes to solve our toughest challenges, advocate for high-priority projects, and drive greater operational rigor within Marketing.
You must have strong business acumen and operational aptitude as well as exceptional people / communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across all levels. You should have a hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving, strong quantitative skills, and be comfortable addressing broad-reaching and ambiguous questions.
- Partner with marketing leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to set marketings annual strategic plan globally, articulate marketings most critical short- and long-term priorities, and develop business cases for additional investment.
- Develop executive level communication deliverables and own cadence of marketing reporting and ops reviews.
- Improve marketing efficiency and effectiveness by establishing and applying a rigorous approach to operational processes.
- Drive the design, implementation, and management of the Marketing tech stack including tool selection and vendor management.
- Build and deliver the marketing measurement roadmap in alignment with business objectives. Deliver a framework that enables data driven campaign optimization.
- Partner with marketing to deliver detailed + exec-level quarterly business reviews, and establish a cadence with sales for reporting out marketing impact on pipeline growth.
- Lead the marketing data strategy including database growth, enrichment, hygiene, governance, quality and security.
- Lead ongoing training and enablement for marketing on process and tech stack.
- Own lead management, routing, and partner with the SDR team to ensure proper lead follow up.
- 10 years experience in Marketing Operations at a growing organization with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Proven track record of impeccable business judgement, rigorous analytical problem solving, quantitative analysis, and communicating findings to executive leadership.
- Strong knowledge of MAP (Hubspot or Marketo) and CRM (Salesforce).
- Experience coaching or managing junior team members; ability to work across teams, build relationships, and influence stakeholders.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and ability to work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and project management skills; the ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and manage multiple initiatives.
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.