CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Director of UX to join our software and product team in our New York headquarters and to lead our UX practice. You will be working with the industry experts manufacturing and embellishing apparel for our customers in the US. You will be learning about apparel creation and leading transformation and automation of design, development and manufacturing. You are a detail-oriented, organized, and proactive person capable of wearing multiple hats. You are excited about working on a completely new product from scratch (think - no legacy, complete freedom of the UX direction). Youre always on the hunt for the next thing to do and love rolling up your sleeves and being hands on while also thinking through and contributing to the high-level strategy with our VP of Product. Youre used to working side by side with your engineering team, sparring and brainstorming solutions as partners.
- Manage a lean UX and product design team
- Clarify and define multiple user flows across systems
- Design, prototype, user-test, review and validate solutions to user stories
- Conduct user research, competitive research and market assessments
- Partner with product and engineering peers to communicate with the broader team, align on approaches, and collaboratively solve user stories
- Be able to think through data flow and backend elements necessary to power front end elements
- 10+ years of hands on experience as a UX Designer or UX Information Architect
- 2+ years of experience of leading a UX and product design team
- Creation of UX assets in Figma
- Prior UX research experience: user interviews as well as user testing
- Fluency in building wireframes, flows and prototypes
- Data-driven design mentality
- Ability to present work in a challenge / solution / result framework
- Success in building data mapping diagrams for user experience
- Proven ability to establish oneself as an expert in UX in an organization
- Desire to manage a team, define strategy, and work hands-on in design
- Strong UI background
- Proven record of an outcome-focused design and validated learning mindset
- Experience with service design and process design is a plus
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.