Office Tour Photos
Twitter is committed to helping increase the collective health, openness, and civility of the public conversation, and to holding ourselves publicly accountable toward progress (read more here). We are seeking a seasoned Research leader to oversee the team at the center of this critical, company level mission – Health.
The overall Research team aims to put people front and center of everything we do – from product strategy to key business decisions to the end user experience. We are part of a larger Design, Research, and Content Strategy team that’s full of amazingly hard working and fun people who are passionate about Twitter’s ability to help people see beyond themselves and connect with the larger world in a meaningful way. Join us in making our platform safer!
Who you are:
You’re passionate about Twitter and the broader intersection between technology, society, and Health. You’re an experienced Researcher or Social Scientist, with a strong track record of leading teams in fast-paced, applied, industry environments. You have a strong understanding of research methods, social science disciplines, and the product development process. You enjoy building high performing teams, driving business and customer impact, problem-solving, bringing clarity to ambiguity, and collaborating with cross functional partners.
- Drive the research strategy for Health at Twitter, particularly within the Abuse and Misleading Information space
- Lead and develop the Health Research team by attracting top talent and providing mentorship, growth opportunities, clear prioritization
- Drive and inform key product, policy, and business decisions (ultimately leading to a healthier platform) through impactful research insights
- Partner with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers on strategy, organizational issues, and ….
- Contribute to the betterment of the overall Research team
- Set and maintain a high bar for research deliverables across your team
- Strong foundational knowledge of research methods, approaches, and disciplines.
- Worked under industry constraints while delivering high quality, rigorous research
- Set measurable goals and objectives that were achieved within a specific time frame
- Excellent command of both qualitative and quantitative methods, including in-depth interviews, field research, experimental design, statistics, and survey design
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with ability to express complex concepts clearly and simply (E.g., research concepts into actionable roadmap and clear insights)
- Ability to influence across the organization across functions and audiences in order to impact strategy and decisions
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and take an action oriented, creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to create an environment where all are comfortable expressing thoughts; and promote timely and ongoing flow of information
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A track record of thought leadership and delivering research to inform business, product, and policy development strategies and roadmaps
- Master’s or PhD in a social science or related field: Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Sociology, Computational Sociology, Anthropology, Organizational Behavior, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction
- Familiarity of across a range social science disciplines
- 10+ years conducting hands on, primary research in an applied industry setting
- 5+ years managing an in-house team of researchers in an applied industry setting
- Experience within the Health at the intersection of technology and society is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
More Jobs From