Office Tour Photos
Join our Research team and help us improve the Creation & Conversations experience on Twitter’s platform.
Who we are:
Twitter’s purpose is to serve the public conversation, and our top priority is fostering thriving, healthy, global conversation on the service. People come to Twitter to see and talk about what’s happening in the world. And it’s that talk that makes Twitter unique. The talk — the conversations — is what generates everything from hot takes on breaking news to hilarious comments about a game. It’s what allows the world to hear directly from and can talk directly with their elected leaders, players, actors, experts, CEOs, and more. It’s often the source of the news that so often breaks on Twitter, and it’s what generates global movements that change the world.
The Research Team has a mission to better facilitate the public conversation - making it faster, more fluid, more fun, and more productive to help the world make progress together. We are committed to understanding customer needs and human behavior. We pride ourselves in our ability to impact strategy and create a customer-centric product experience through partnerships with design and product development. We are a growing, innovative and collaborative team that embeds the voice of the customer in all that Twitter does.
The overall Research team aims to put people front and center of everything we do – from product strategy to key business decisions to the end user experience. We are part of a larger Design, Research, and Content Strategy team that’s full of amazingly hardworking and fun people who are passionate about Twitter’s ability to help people see beyond themselves and connect with the larger world in a meaningful way.
Who you are:
You’re passionate about Twitter and believe fostering conversation can make the world a better place.You’re an experienced Researcher, with a strong track record of leading teams in fast-paced, applied, industry environments. You have a strong understanding of research methods, social science disciplines, and the product development process. You enjoy building high performing teams, driving business and customer impact, problem-solving, bringing clarity to ambiguity, and collaborating with cross functional partners.
- Drive the research strategy for Creation & Conversations at Twitter
- Lead and develop the Creation & Conversations Research team by attracting top talent and providing mentorship, growth opportunities, clear prioritization
- Drive and inform key product, policy, and business decisions (ultimately leading to a healthier platform) through impactful research insights
- Partner with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers on strategy, organizational processes and health, and execution
- Contribute to the betterment of the overall Research team
- Set and maintain a high bar for research deliverables across your team
- Strong foundational knowledge of research methods, approaches, and disciplines. Worked under industry constraints while delivering high quality, rigorous research
- Set measurable goals and objectives that were achieved within a specific time frame
- Excellent command of both qualitative and quantitative methods, including in-depth interviews, field research, experimental design, statistics, and survey design
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with ability to express complex concepts clearly and simply (E.g., research concepts into actionable roadmap and clear insights)
- Ability to influence across the organization across functions and audiences in order to impact strategy and decisions
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and take an action oriented, creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to create an environment where all are comfortable expressing thoughts; and promote timely and ongoing flow of information
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A track record of thought leadership and delivering research to inform business, product, and policy development strategies and roadmaps
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in a research or social science related field: Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Sociology, Computational Sociology, Computer Science
- 10+ years conducting hands on, primary research in an applied industry setting
- 5+ years managing an in-house team of researchers in an applied industry setting
- Experience driving research strategy for a Social Media or Consumer Internet company
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More Jobs From