Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Director of Total Rewards will provide thought leadership, strategic direction, and operational management by overseeing the design, development, implementation, administration, and continuous improvement of compensation, benefits, reward and recognition, HR systems, and wellness programs. This leader will play a critical role in the Human Resources Department and in the organization to ensure that total rewards and wellness strategies are aligned within the companys strategy, organizational goals and industry best practices.
This position will lead the total rewards function and will be responsible for developing short term and long term solutions and strategies that will make the organization a strong leader in acquiring, motivating, and retaining world-class talent.
- Develop, design, and implement new and revised total reward programs to be responsive to goals, strategies, and competitive practices.
- Create strong engagement within our culture with our rewards and wellness programs, identifying tools to benchmark and innovate reward practices that are consistent and compliment Amwell's core mission and values.
- Collaborate and provide guidance to compensation solutions, issues, evaluating new positions, grade levels, job descriptions, promotions and transfers.
- Ensure that the Company is in compliance with all compensation and benefits laws and regulations.
- Manage and negotiate with brokers and third party solution providers.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for total rewards programs.
- Stay abreast of compensation and benefits trends. Develop and participate in compensation/benefits surveys in order to gain an understanding of market trends and changing conditions. Assess findings and impact on the Company. Prepare statistical data and reports concerning benefits/compensation activities, programs or results. Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual reports are developed in an effective and timely manner. Assess report findings and make recommendations to management as needed.
- Design and lead company healthcare and wellness programs in a manner that educates and promotes effective healthcare management, wellness, and influence behavior to ensure efficient and cost effective program design, administration, and utilization. Lead the process for all benefits related requests for proposals/negotiation with vendors of health, dental, life insurance, etc.
- Champion the audit of compensation and benefits programs. Coordinate with outside agencies as required. Make corrective judgments and recommendations regarding corrective actions to management. Determine compliancy with legal requirements and analyze, and recommend compliance actions for new and evolving compensation legislation.
- Identification, selection, and implementation of a global HRIS platform for America well.
- Manage the HRIS environment, enable Amwells talent agenda while improving the employee and manager experience, and providing improved decision making to the business.
- 10+ years of benefits, compensation, and HRIS related experience with a minimum of 3 years of leadership and executive compensation experience.
- Successful track record of leading the total rewards function for a global, high tech, publicly traded organization
- Experience with compensation & benefit design and execution and in emerging geographical markets is a significant plus.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain, influence, listen, instruct, give clear feedback and ask good questions
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to translate technical analysis into executive presentations.
- Innovative thinking and problem solver
- Strong influencer and communicator at all levels of the organization up through and including the CEO, Compensation Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Leadership skills balanced with readiness to play a hands-on role
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively and experience developing and implementing large scale projects and change initiatives
- Ability to link actions to the company strategy and performance
- Strong business acumen and solid understanding of the financial, legal and tax implications on compensation and benefits programs
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required. Advanced degree preferred.
Should you join Amwell and the Human Resources team, you can expect:
If you are looking to join a fun, energetic HR team where you can learn and grow, look no further! We are a small, yet efficient team all working together to make Amwell a great place to work! The team is aligned with leadership and focused on both the candidate and the employee experience. Our focus is building and executing culture, employee engagement, retention and continuous learning initiatives. We have a work hard/play hard environment and truly enjoy coming into work to not only hang out with each other but create new ideas to make Amwell great. Come join the fun!
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Caf lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages
More Jobs From