If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a ~250+ (and growing!) person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you don't necessarily meet all of the requirements listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas to the table at Takeoff. Secondly, we value diverse perspectives and are fully committed to creating an inclusive environment where employees can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
The Technical Program Management (TPM) team is a small, experienced group that is a driving force for execution of critical, complicated work. This group works across organizational boundaries driving transparency, accountability and continuous improvement.
We are looking for an experienced, hands on, Director of Technical Program Management with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence business and technical leaders in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary program management, stakeholder management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, to drive execution of reliable and maintainable work as well as alignment of groups through transparent processes. The candidate should be an empathetic, self-directed, team player who is comfortable moving teams from uncertainty and ambiguity to execution. Attention to detail and creative thinking are key to driving continuous improvement.
The Director of Technical Program will oversee one or more critical, cross-product initiatives. Along with Product, Engineering and Operations leaders, they will drive transparency and execution against business goals for their assigned initiatives. They centralize initiative information, drive coordination, dependency management, risk identification and overall transparency. They maintain a big picture perspective and feel comfortable in front of a variety of stakeholders from site managers to C-suite stakeholders.
This position can be remote, but US based candidates only at this time.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive positive outcomes through transparent communication and timely escalation of issues
- Ensure clarity of initiative charter and success metrics
- Reinforce critical milestones, dependencies, impediments and metrics for initiative(s) including status
- Work with teams and leadership to find a way forward when faced with unexpected complications
- Influence program performance by leveraging deep experience and sound judgement to challenge options and chart a path forward with our teams
- Establish lightweight, effective processes to ensure progress and impediments are visible
- Identify and coordinate cross-team dependencies in support of the Initiative
- Act as a strategic partner to product, technology and operations leadership
- Develop effective and trusted relationships with cross-functional leaders in order to identify, resolve issues and drive continuous improvement. This could include vendor and client relationships.
- Build a high-performing TPM guild.
- Serve as a role model for encouraging knowledge-sharing across functional groups.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree welcome
- 8-12+ years of demonstrated leadership as a technical program manager, successfully leading complex, cross-domain software programs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- internally, client-facing, and with C-Level stakeholders
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership & ability to influence to align process, projects, and people to meet business goals
- Demonstrated past experience defining and measuring team success via data-driven metrics & reporting
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with e-commerce distribution centers or with e-groceries a plus
- Experience working with software and hardware programs
- Experience working with non-US based teams
- Experience with vendor management
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- Develop credibility with a variety of levels within the organization; adapt messaging and style to suit the needs of the audience
- Ability to assume independent responsibility for support of assigned programs
- Accurately assesses when escalation is needed to resolve an issue and when the team should self-resolve
- A highly adaptive team player with a strong sense of personal integrity
- Comfortable wielding influence instead of authority
- Ability/desire to own & lead dynamic, important work with flexibility and willingness to get into the details and do whatever it takes to reach goals
- Deeply dedicated to continuous improvement
- Has an eye for detail and ability to read between the lines, while equally comfortable assessing the strategic big picture to ID creative solutions
- Able to take complex business problems & break them down into clear goals, then hold the team accountable to those goals
- Superior presentation and meeting management skills
Competitive & comprehensive benefits package that we offer:
- Competitive base salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us)
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.