This position will work within the VC: Link Equity Partners
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment in which you learn something new every day, this is the opportunity for you. This full-time tax strategy role will be based out of Cambridge, but could be remote for the time being due to COVID-19. You will report to Dominic Lloyd, a managing director of Link Equity Partners, LLC, but also work closely with Links CFO and executives of Cogo Labs, Inc. (Cogo Labs) and other Link Ventures portfolio companies. The position will require a great deal of writing, so you need a strong command of the written language to be a successful candidate.
- Work with members of the team to ensure that deals and equity plans are structured to maximize tax efficiency.
- Help minimize tax risk (for individuals and entities) associated with equity investments, entity structure, incentive plans, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, IPOs and other transactions.
- Develop a complete understanding of the structure of Link Ventures and its various investments and related entities, including Cogo Labs (a wholly-owned subsidiary).
- Be proactively involved in transactions and proposed structures, anticipating how best to structure in tax-efficient ways.
- Research and develop tax-saving strategies.
- Plan, direct, and execute various tax projects.
- Direct and work with outside tax consultants.
- Be responsible for special projects as assigned by your supervisor and/or David Blundin, the founder and managing partner of Link Ventures.
- Take ownership; recognize what needs to be done and make it happen.
- Working familiarity, if not mastery, of partnership accounting and tax, corporate accounting and tax, equity compensation, personal tax and Section 1202.
- 8-12 years of progressive tax experience.
- Big 4 experience is highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word and Excel.
- Resourcefulness, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills required.
- Out-of-the-box thinking when analyzing problems.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.