Director of Talent, Physical Retail
Wayfair believes that our people are our greatest asset and biggest differentiator. As Wayfair grows, so too does the need to ensure our talent strategy and approach is best in class. The Talent team enables Wayfair to make thoughtful, data-driven decisions about its people to drive meaningful change in ensuring Wayfair remains a great place to work. As the head of physical retail talent, you love harnessing employee feedback to make work better, are passionate about setting the foundational people strategy of a rapidly scaling business, and thoroughly enjoy improving large, complex processes. You will report into the global head of Talent Management.
Wayfair continues to build a best-in-class North American Retail team to fuel growth across our brands and across multiple shopping platforms. As part of this journey, we are seeking a bright, driven and seasoned Retail HR Executive who has the ability to set strategy & policy to assist in forging this new channel from Day 1; and who brings with them the experience of standing up and quickly scaling retail stores of various sizes and concept(s).
North American Retail is the organization within Wayfair that drives the overall strategy for the multitude of brands/product categories that are offered across our channels of business under Wayfair, LLC; Wayfair.com, Joss & Main.com, AllModern.com, Birchlane.com, Perigold.com, and Wayfair.ca.
What You'll Do:
- As a critical member of Wayfairs leadership team, you will partner with executives across the business to develop a breadth of strategies to attract, retain and develop the best talent
- You will own organizational development, including designing, building and directly supporting the retail team and managing a talent team dedicated to supporting the physical retail organization
- You will assess the organizations skills, capabilities, and knowledge and work with the L&D team to develop and implement effective training programs
- Youll deep dive into our current employee relations processes and develop a scalable partnership with our Talent Engagement & Relations team to create the framework to manage and positively resolve complex employee relations issues
- Youll work with the team to develop physical retail business metrics (KPIs) to gauge progress and identify opportunity areas
- You'll make data-driven recommendations and decisions using trend analysis, such as engagement and attrition, that have a significant, positive impact on our people and our business
- Youll oversee and work closely with the General Manager on staffing models and drive labor optimization.
- You will work with Talent leaders and key stakeholders to develop long term plans for calibration, performance and development processes for employees
- Youll work cross-functionally on the selection/evolution of a workforcement management tool, including scheduling and payroll management
- You will be a coach and mentor
What You'll Need:
- Talent Experience required (performance reviews and calibration, compensation, people analytics/surveys (analyze people metrics and KPIs e.g. hiring, attrition, internal movements, promotions, exit surveys, engagement surveys), headcount planning & talent strategy, org design, people & career development)
- Experience in physical retail environment(s) strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience and/or 4+ years post advanced degree preferred
- Strong track record of hiring, developing and retaining high performing talent
- Proven experience in developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence and communicate at all levels of the organization and lead multiple stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for working across functions and with C-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Integrity and respect for complete confidentiality
- Experience in:
- Driving Talent Strategy: Attract- Hire-Train-Retain Top Talent (Physical Retail Organization & Store Teams)
- Selection/Evolution of Workforce Mgmt Tool
- Organizational Design
- Pay & Benefits
- Setting and managing HR KPIs
- Payroll Management
- Develop & Execute Training Curriculum
- Labor Relations
- Recruiting Strategy & Execution
- Benchmarking of competitor practices
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.