Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
Director, Supply Chain Planning will be accountable for crafting the Supply Plan and building appropriate inventory levels of parts, equipment and accessories to fully support Starrys nationwide deployment operations. You will lead a team that translates demand requirements and supply capability into a time phased aggregate supply and inventory plan balanced against objectives. You will drive the S&OP process across various products categories, monitor demand/supply trends and highlight supply and operational risks for the business.
What youll do:
- Build the operational model for developing the supply plan for deployment operations, including appropriate use of min/max, reorder point and MRP planning parameters.
- Utilize ERP system to perform data maintenance including evaluating forecast, safety stock or min/max levels, lead time evaluations, and item source detail to ensure MRP application integrity.
- Forecast inventory monthly and ensure proper inventory levels/turns are maintained by consistently reviewing weeks of supply, consumption, and trend. Develop and maintain warehouse stocking level calculations and assumptions to ensure part availability.
- Work with Logistics, Sourcing, and Service Operations to ensure on time delivery of parts and equipment and resolve unanticipated demand.
- Oversee the monthly planning process for products purchased from ODMs and contract manufacturing sites (e.g., rolling purchase forecasts, purchase orders)
- Develop and lead the Sales and Operations Planning process, ensuring supply plans are accurate, stable and aligned with business requirements, capabilities and other objectives.
- Review and reconcile demand forecast vs. supply plan and make supply chain optimization recommendations such as expediting, postponement, consolidation or supply reduction.
- Conduct regular reviews with Supply Chain and internal teams on replenishment and fill rate performance. Develop reports related to POs, supply commit schedules, inventory, forecast accuracy and other KPIs.
- Conduct root cause analysis for supply chain issues/constraints/process gaps and drive corrective actions.
- Effectively manage end-of-life and product transitions to minimize the write-off / disposal of excess inventory.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, technical field or related field of study. Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
- 10+ years of Supply and Demand Planning experience using ERP/MRP/Advanced Planning systems required. Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Extensive experience in supply chain with emphasis on planning and forecasting. Deep understanding of inventory management & strategies.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.