With Wayfairs aggressive growth comes the need for strong financial partnership, planning, and support across the business. The Director, Strategic Finance will collaborate with business unit and functional leaders across the organization to drive strategic decisions and directly impact the future direction of Wayfair's fast growing business.
The right candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong financial acumen to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who enjoys tackling new challenges in a fast-paced, growing company, and can operate at the intersection of finance, business operations, and data analytics.
What youll do:
- Execute on the four pillars of the Strategic Finance team:
- Financial Reporting Excellence
- Forecast Accuracy and Goal Setting
- Initiative and Investment Quantification, Strategic Support, Prioritization and Tracking
- Strategic Cost Optimization and Innovation.
- Launch and support new programs/initiatives (Not just reporting the news but making the news)
- Be the Finance Partner (CFO) for multiple senior executives throughout the company, serving as a key, strategic member of their leadership teams
- Act as a connectivity layer across different parts of the organization; create value by connecting the dots across multiple initiatives, functions, and business units
- Communicate and influence strategy and action across multiple levels of the organization (From the BOD room to the shop floor)
- Lead problem solving and process/systems improvement initiatives to efficiently further scale the business
- Serve as a mentor, leading the professional development and growth of a team 15-20 over the next 12-24 months.
What youll need:
- Bachelors Degree, plus 7-10+ years of experience in finance or strategy and operations with a bias towards quantitative analysis.
- The candidate must show facility with executive and BOD level consultations. This requires demonstrated skills in fact-based quantitative analysis, clear communication and presentation, and interpersonal interaction.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Must have strong financial acumen, with deep understanding of financial statements, and the ability to link operational performance to financial data.
- The ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Executive presence coupled with strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, initiative and integrity.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.