If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 265(and growing!) person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you dont necessarily meet all of the requirement's that are listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas to the table at Takeoff. Secondly, we value diverse perspectives and are fully committed to creating an inclusive environment where each and every employee can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
The Director of Account Management will be responsible for the overall health and performance of 1-2 of our key retail clients. Internally, this person will have working relationships with our Performance, Technical & Product teams as well as C-Suite & Co-Founders. This includes collaborating with a cross-functional team to deliver on key account goals. Externally, this person will own the central relationship for the account and must be able to effectively engage stakeholders across all levels.
This leader is a critical problem solver who can break down complex strategic issues and drive execution against plans both internally and externally. The person will own the account and the account strategy, playing a critical role in Takeoffs growth trajectory.
Please note that while we are remote at the moment, this person will need to be within a commutable distance to support our sites in NJ(could be 50% travel or more).
This is exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Own 1-2 key customer accounts, acting as the face of Takeoff externally and an advocate for your account internally
- Develop and execute long-term account strategies that deliver on revenue, profit, and operational goals for the account
- Develop trusted relationships with key customers at all levels, leading client discussions from on the ground operators through c-suite leadership
- Grow the account year-over-year by identifying and capitalizing on new revenue or expansion opportunities rooted in key customer needs
- Project manage and collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver on account goals, spanning operations, implementation, and technical capabilities
- Work directly with the c-suite and Co-Founders to bring the best of Takeoff to our customers
- Build a deep understanding of Takeoffs business operations, customer strategies, and competitive context
The experience you will bring to the table:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience growing accounts in an early stage environment and developing sales/customer success programs (SaaS platforms, e-commerce solutions, or retail/CPG account farming, etc.)
- Track record of hitting and exceeding performance goals and managing customer accounts, including delivering on customer success metrics and orchestrating complex, consultative deals
- Effective stakeholder management and ability to influence without authority both externally and internally
- Critical problem-solving skills to structure problems and work across internal and client teams to arrive at the best outcome
- Passion for being in a client-facing role and enabling the success of our customers
- Ability to understand and explain complex technical products and concepts to a business and technical audience with a proven capability to translate complex technologies for different target groups
- Comfort working with data and ability to extract and explain business insights from analysis
- Effective organization and time-management skills, excellent attention to detail and self-motivation in an collaborative, fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work remotely and willingness to travel
The reasons you will love working at Takeoff(to name a few!):
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun
- We are committed to building a highly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Competitive & comprehensive benefits package that we offer:
- Top salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us)
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.