Office Tour Photos
A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
The role will be responsible for the timely and accurate submission of all NAIC reporting requirements in each State Devoted is serving members as well as any associated supplemental filings. This individual will report directly to the Controller.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead monthly, quarterly and year-end statutory reporting preparations submissions to the NAIC and State regulators
- Responsible for being abreast of statutes in each market
- Understands the nuances of each market/State in which Devoted operates
- Responsible for the accurate preparation and timely submission of all supplemental filings to each State
- Experience in RBC forecasting
- Oversight and training of new and existing staff, as needed
- Responsible for monitoring and funding for minimum capital requirements
- Assist the Controller with DOI audits
- Assist the Controller with financial statutory reporting requirements
- Assist the Controller with workflow improvements and documentation
- Assist the Controller with the new market application process as needed
Attributes to success:
- A demonstrable track record of success / delivery in a changing and complex start-up environment
- Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, willing to proactively roll up your sleeves
- Team player who is customer-service oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures
- Must be analytical and able to be a contributor on day one
- Ability to independently manage multiple demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements
Desired skills and experience:
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in NAIC health insurance filings with 5+ years supervisory
- A Bachelors Degree in accounting or finance
- Must have multi-State experience in health insurance filings - HMO and PPO plans
- Must have experience with U.S. health insurance reporting
- Experience with NetSuite
- Intermediate proficiency with excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
More Jobs From