OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused on real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
The Executive Director of Business Development - Alliance Partnerships will focus on forming alliances with professional organizations and channel partners and will assume a multifaceted role combining strategic leadership with hands-on business development efforts to enhance organizational growth.
This role is designed for a dynamic and strategic individual responsible for driving business growth through developing and managing alliances with professional organizations and channel partners.
What You'll Do at OM1
- Partnership Management: Cultivate, develop, and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within partner organizations. Negotiate and manage partnership agreements to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes. Collaborate with internal teams to ensure the successful execution of partnership initiatives.
- Sales and Bookings Generation: Directly engage with partners in business development activities to achieve individual sales targets through those partners. Monitor and report on the performance and effectiveness of partnership initiatives, ensuring the attainment of bookings goals. This will include management of channel conflict between partner and direct sales.
- Operational Excellence: Ensure the integration of partnerships aligns with the overall business strategy and objectives. Optimize processes and resources to ensure the efficient execution of business development activities.
- Understand your partners strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities to promote successful client engagements and provide sales support to encourage expanding into areas where the partner may not realize OM1 can provide solutions.
- Rapidly iterate with sales leadership, sales enablement team, marketing, and other key stakeholders to accelerate and execute on go-to-market and drive new business opportunities across our target markets through the designated channel partners. This includes co-marketing and co-branding opportunities when appropriate.
- Plan and support all indirect sales activities, including prospecting, lead development / follow-up, customer meetings, presentation, proposal and budget development.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each partnership, ideally leveraging pre-existing relationships and customer networks.
- Cultivate meaningful, long-term relationships with key partner sales and support personnel and develop deep knowledge of the partner organization.
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- Understand partner sales activities and monitor partners representation of OM1 as their lead partner solution. Understand reasons for awards and non-awards for partner opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate proposal/delivery approach to best address the needs of each proposed opportunity. Monitor client and partner response to proposals to improve future proposals.
- Work with the partner to optimize OM1 value and thought leadership in partner proposals to clients. Assist and co-sell as needed proposal and budget development teams to present the appropriate solution for each project and continuously improve on our proposal and bid defense processes as well as our descriptions of services / delivery.
- Maintain customer/partner presentation templates to ensure they highlight the primary value of OM1s approach and present the key messages, use cases, and operational plans customers expect.
- Establish brand recognition; communicate with internal Project Managers to assess overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Utilize CRM to establish reports and dashboards to analyze business development and sales activities and track progress.
- Maintain high visibility within customer organization.
What Experience You'll Bring
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze market trends and formulate strategic business plans.
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software.
- 7+ years of experience in business development or sales, with a proven track record of forming successful partnerships and 5 years of experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field; Masters Degree preferred.
If youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.