About this Position:
The Director, SMB Sales will play a critical role in helping to expand, train, manage, and mentor a team of SMB Account Executives responsible for guiding new business and existing account revenue growth within a designated territory. You will act as both an internal and external manager to ensure predictable revenue attainment and market penetration of Ordergrooves Relationship Commerce Platform. Ideal candidates should possess solid eCommerce sales and management experience within highly transactional SaaS businesses. Candidates must be highly motivated, possess outstanding communication skills and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment. The Director, SMB Sales will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and will work closely with the executive management team. Additionally, you'll collaborate with our product and marketing teams to maximize SMB acquisition and align goals, strategy and tactics as we expand our growth across industry verticals.
- Build and manage a team of high-performing SMB Account Executives, developing and maintaining sales strategies to convert SMB opportunities within designated timeframes.
- Implement and manage a consistent overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales pipeline management, and use Salesforce automation tools to effectively measure the sales team on metrics relevant to outcomes
- Work with each AE to create and implement vertical-wide business & sales plans to achieve sales quota.
- Provide ongoing coaching to develop AE proficiencies in vertical market management, forecasting, prospecting within account base, negotiations, & other necessary skills; while maintaining personal accountability to goals.
- Assess sales activities & forecasts to determine sales progress & required improvements.
- Maintain awareness of relevant market knowledge and trends, including but not limited to; evolving technologies, client needs, expectations and opportunities, shifts in the competitive landscape, and operational efficiencies.
- Operate well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment without requiring significant supervision.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience managing Account Executives in a mid-market or SMB sales environment.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently generate revenue & exceed quota by executing a process for identifying, qualifying, & closing new business as well as & not limited to growing an existing customer base.
- Excellent aptitude for team building, coaching, motivating, strategic thinking, business acumen, management, and sales methodologies.
- Compelling presentation skills with a natural ability to hold strategic conversations at the executive level.
- Ensure highly productive client relationships and strategic partnerships.
- Ability to successfully negotiate & close complex contracts.
- An excellent understanding of the evolving eCommerce landscape is a plus.
- Detail oriented, organized and a self-starter.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Raised $50M from top-notch investors
- Remote-first team with members all over the world and an office in NYC that allows for in-person meet-ups if desired
- Hundreds of customers including Honest Company, IL MAKIAGE, Petsmart, Walmart, LOreal, Unilever, Peets Coffee, KIND, Love Wellness, and Tula
In 2000, subscriptions transformed the software world with SaaS. In 2021, subscriptions are transforming the retail and DTC world as the fastest-growing segment of commerce.
Ordergrooves SaaS product enables subscription experiences for hundreds of brands including The Honest Company, IL MAKIAGE, KIND Snacks, Peet's Coffee, L'Oreal, and Home Depot, shifting consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to frictionless recurring revenue relationships. Via partnerships with leading eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Salesforce, Adobe Magento, and BigCommerce, Ordergroove's omnichannel product coupled with machine learning has processed billions of dollars in subscription volume for tens of millions of consumers.
Recently named one of the Best Companies to Work For in New York for the third year in a row, our values celebrate collaboration, different perspectives, and curiosity with the goal of getting to the right answer, no matter who came up with it. At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team so that we gain different perspectives and build the best team possible. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our successes.
With a fully flexible work from anywhere culture, staying connected and supporting each other are always top of mind. We build our tight-knit community through small group events like trivia night, cooking classes, and book clubs. We encourage cross-functional relationships through virtual coffees and we stay close to the business through weekly team updates and quarterly all-hands meetings.
At Ordergroove, we focus on flexibility and empowering our team to make the right decisions for themselves. We have flexible PTO (you take vacation when you need it, not when you have earned the hours), a new work-from-anywhere policy (totally remote anywhere in the US, or you can go into the NYC office as much as you would like), and an annual personal development budget that you use for what matters to you (wellness, career development, productivity at home, etc). And of course, that is on top of the basics like competitive compensation (including stock options) and incredible, affordable benefits. Come join our amazing team while we enable the fastest-growing segment of commerce that makes life easier for millions of consumers every day!