Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
Were looking to hire a Director of Sales/Business Development to join our rapidly scaling go-to-market function. This role will play a critical role in scaling our prospecting efforts and play a key role in driving a healthy pipeline to help grow the company. You will work closely with our elite sales and marketing teams to engage and communicate with prospective buyers of Fairmarkit. You will be responsible for the strategic direction of the business development function and work closely with the leadership team. You will be a key driver of Fairmarkits growth in the short and long term. If you love bringing infectious energy, helping people rapidly accelerate their careers, and instill a culture of learning and competition, then we should connect!
What youll do:
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives and Managers
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive new business development growth and operational excellence
- Monitor and refine processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success on the SDR team
- Achieve quarterly and annual pipeline and revenue targets
- Work closely with our VP of Sales Enablement to Leverage activity data for targeted training and development
- Develop new cadences, training materials and motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship
- Work with marketing and sales ops to ensure thorough follow up of inbound leads
- Ensure that team metrics are aligned with the broader organizational objectives
- Coach, develop, and promote the next generation of Sales Directors at Fairmarkit
What you have:
- A proven track record of scaling Sales/Business Development teams in a Saas sales environment
- The ability to bring infectious energy and a high level of accountability to all members of the team
- Experience in high-growth environments, youve seen scale and thrived in it
- Expert cold outreach skills
- Excellent written communication skills and able to write persuasive emails that generate product interest
- Experience working with and administering modern sales tools
- A passion for career development, youve left a wake of promoted sales talent everywhere youve worked
- 3+ years experience in managing an BDR/SDR team and experience managing multiple BDR managers
- Strong relationship-builder, initiator, outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Procurement, Fintech, or supply chain experience or deep understanding is a plus
Headquartered in Boston, and backed by a $30M Series B co-led by GGV Capital and Insight Partners, we are looking for exceptional candidates who want to help grow our company into a global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry. Come soar to new heights with us!
Fairmarkit is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.