At Wistia, we are building a sales team that is both customer centric and performance driven. We dont think one should come at the cost of the other. If you are a results oriented strategic thinker with a track record of success leading sales teams, you could be the leader we are looking. You will be responsible for leading the execution of our inside sales strategy including both the Sales Development and Account Executive teams, to exceed revenue targets and provide a top notch customer experience. You will partner with leaders on the product and marketing teams to ensure that go-to-market goals at achieved and the company is set up for success.
Develop our sales execution strategy to ensure that we are providing an excellent customer experience and set us up for a faster rate of growth for both revenue and new customer acquisition. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Collaborate will all stakeholders across sales, marketing and product to match the selling playbook and team staffing plans with the broader Go To Market strategy.
- Ensure that the mix of Sales Development and Account Executive head count is appropriate for expected marketing and product led lead generation, ensuring that we maximize our opportunities with the prospects that we have.
- Develop quota strategies that align with the growth goals of the company and ensure that salers at Wistia are motivated to pursue the right business and are highly engaged in their work.
- Develop, Measure and report on key performance indicators that will lead us to reliably forecasting our sales numbers and make the necessary adjustments to address any shortcomings or opportunities that are discovered along the way.
Collaborate with the New User Experience team and the Marketing team to help develop and oversee the execution of our company wide Go To Market strategy on the sales side. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Partner with the Demand Generation and Acquisition team to ensure that the sales team has the leads its needs from marketing to hit its revenue and customer acquisition goals.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the customers experience through the marketing funnel product journey sales process.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the GTM planning for the company, whether it be longer term strategic planning or ad hoc adjustments along the way.
Manage the AE and SDR teams towards a cohesive and aligned unit focused on driving growth for Wistia. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Lead the Sales team at Wistia to a high performance culture while maintaining a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Manage the managers of the SDR and AE teams, coaching them to effective people management, high employee engagement, and consistent team level goal achievement.
- Develop annualized hiring plans for both the SDR and AE teams, ensure effective onboarding/on ramp to quota.
- Oversee and develop the personal and professional growth of SDRs and AEs at Wistia, including internal and external training, cross functional collaboration and opportunities for promotion.
- Track record of exceeding quota as a sales manager or sales director.
- Demonstrated ability to influence both the size of the pipeline and the velocity of the pipeline simultaneously.
- Experience developing inside sales territory plans including pipeline generation and active pipeline management in a low ACV, high volume SMB and/or Mid Market SaaS environment.
- Strong communication skills, including documentation, async collaboration and in person presentation skills.
- Strong coaching/mentorship skills and a commitment to professional growth of both ICs and Managers on their team.
- Hit or exceed MRR bookings targets consistently
- Hit or exceed new customer acquisition targets
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly MRR
- Pipeline Efficiency
- Lead Deal Conversion Rates
- Deal Win Rates
- Construction and maintenance of a high-performing, diverse sales team
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company were building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- While we're all fully remote for now, we're excited to eventually get back to our brand new office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park
More Jobs From