Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving an $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, financial services disruptors like E-Trade, Schwab, and Robinhood have unlocked access to the stock market, minting a new generation of self-service investors. Yet we at Mynd believe that real estate remains the most powerful tool for building generational wealth.
Were on a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments by offering best-in-class property management services and making SFRs as accessible and effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Plus, many potential investors dont want to invest in real estate in their geographic area or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets. Through localized operations in 25 markets across the US, and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, rent, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100% remotely.
Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. Weve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, McKinsey, Shift, Better, BCG, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, and Facebook. Were backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, and Jackson Square, and just announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country. Most importantly, were a kind and fun team of innovators who truly enjoy ushering in a new generation of real estate investors.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced, analytical and customer-focused leader to lead and grow our Retail Asset Management team. The role of the Retail Asset Management team is to provide excellent service to our largest retail clients (individual investors who own properties across multiple markets). You will become intimately familiar with the unique operating procedures of the Mynd team across the US and work collaboratively with our Property Management operations team to ensure that investors portfolios are performing optimally. You are a high performer and will manage the resolution of complex and ever-changing demands while accurately managing the expectations of high-touch investors. Adaptability, high attention to detail and impeccable communication are absolute requirements. Your portfolio will grow rapidly and across state lines and its incumbent upon you to exercise extreme ownership in all areas of the business -- including leasing, R&M, resident services, and accounting to ensure everything goes smoothly. You will work collaboratively with, and act as a liaison between, our largest retail investors and the rest of the Mynd organization, partnering with other departments and products as needed. This role has the support of the entire Mynd team and is critical to our growth strategy.
- Manage investor communication for Mynds retail clients who own properties across multiple geographies, while constantly providing excellent customer service
- Act as a liaison between high-touch property investors and all property management departments
- Systematically assess, organize, schedule and execute tasks within Mynds platform to ensure property management operations are executed at a level satisfactory to our owners
- Resolve complex problems (both tactical and systemic) to prevent any recurrence, while appropriately managing the expectations of retail investors
- Conduct regular business reviews for high-touch investors to ensure an in-depth understanding of both their investment strategy and portfolio construction & growth objectives
- Relentlessly focus on driving and optimizing NOI for high-touch retail clients, including a rigorous focus on rent pricing, rent growth, cost control and vacancy management
- Compile and supply detailed financial and operational reports to retail investors, as necessary
- Develop, guide and lead holistic conversations with investors about their investment and asset allocation options
- Enthusiastically embrace innovation by testing software, processes and organizational changes, while providing feedback
- Build strong virtual relationships with all other Mynd departments
- Co-author the Retail Asset Management playbook to guide an eventual scale of tens of thousands of homes
- Build a team that executes on all job responsibilities outlined here at a high level
- Operate as a player-coach, developing playbooks, systems and processes until the team is established
- Bachelors degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10-15 years experience preferred in real estate, customer service, or account management
- 5+ years leading, developing and growing teams
- Thorough understanding of real estate asset management concepts
- Prior experience in property management is a plus
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work successfully with a range of stakeholders including regional employees, field staff, office staff, executive leadership, and external customers
- Self-driven and intrinsically motivated with the ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment
- Data-driven and tech savvy
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an A Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.