Director, Research & Intelligence, New York NY or Waltham MA
About the Role
Data and intelligence are increasingly important in making our decisions every day. For a cutting-edge SaaS firm, such intelligence is becoming increasingly important in high-level decision-making from forming a go-to-market strategy to assessing a competitors market moves to investing in personnel and specific markets.
SS&C Intralinks is looking for someone who knows how to build a great team of analysts and who will lead the effort to stand up a world-class Research & Intelligence (R&I) practice to support all functions that win the business and run the business. The mission of this group is to provide regular access to consistently updated internal and external data, curated content, and analysis/insights to help everyone at Intralinks optimize their use of those resources to do their jobs better.
About the Team
You will grow a team to cover market, business, competitor, customer, and product usage intelligence needs. This team will own knowledge management and governance and decide which research & intelligence activities are best centralized versus those which are best kept embedded in their respective functions. You will own design and implementation for knowledge management and distribution finding the right balance of just-in-time and just-in-case consumption patterns.
Your team will operate with an entrepreneurial spirit addressing a market of internal customers; you will measure your success through customer satisfaction metrics and evidence of downstream execution improvements by the people you serve.
In this role, you will:
- Craft the vision for the R&I practice which will encompass business intelligence for external research, internal research, competitive intelligence, market analysis, thought leadership, etc.
- Partner with senior leadership to deliver intelligence needed for strategic planning and to translate that into strategy and tactics that will define how research and intelligence is collected, stored and consumed.
- Work with cross-functional groups to provide and collect both internal and external data and intelligence.
- Assess which areas benefit from centralization versus those that should remain embedded in their current function but define how it all comes together for company-wide use.
- Define policies, SLAs, and governance for all knowledge management activities.
- Build a team that will run the practice at scale over time.
- Understand stakeholder pain points and design solutions to relieve or eliminate that pain.
- Set and track against success metrics to measure progress against the mission.
- Collaborate with enablement partners to optimize delivery of training to R&I consumers as needed.
- Develop and propose thought leadership initiatives.
- Regularly deliver R&I briefings to senior leaders at the company.
- Speak regularly in external-facing forums and web events representing Intralinks as an industry thought leader.
Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- You love data and the big picture and telling the story that emerges.
- Crafting clear visions and missionsowning and communicating the WHY.
- Impeccable attention to detail; strong written, verbal and communication skills.
- Data, information, and content managementability to find the right mix of people, processes, and tools needed to fulfill the R&I mission.
- Energetic and positive team player who is flexible and personable with a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to manage complex projects and adapting to changing conditions and emerging challenges.
- Ability to manage teams, finding individual strengths and weaknesses and coaching for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in multiple overlapping team scenarios with the appropriate mix of leading, working, and consulting.
- Comfortable driving to clarity of mission given potentially conflicting, ambiguous, and evolving inputs.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Significant public speaking experience (e.g., conferences, webinars, media).
- Excellent attention to detail as well as big picture thinking.
- You have 7-10 years in R&I roles with the more recent experience leading a team.
- You have leveraged multiple data and intelligence sources to develop strategies and actionable insights designed to enhance organizational or sales objectives and direction.
- You have managed a research team and delivered intelligence to a wide range of stakeholders and internal customers.
- You have a number of publications under your belt.
- Your experience is in the SaaS, Software, Services or overall Financial industry.
- You have knowledge in the M&A, alternative investments, and debt capital markets domain.
- You have stood up an integrated R&I practice where one previously did not exist.
- You have worked for a SaaS company that served the financial services industry or in the financial services industry itself, or in financial journalism.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Advanced degree in Finance or Economics degree preferred.
- Be prepared to travel up to 20% of the time, primarily domestic (US) but some international.
SS&C Intralinks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.