Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
The Director, Global Purchasing will lead the organizations purchasing activities and will be a key pillar to drive value creation via superior supplier relationship management processes. The role is a core contributor to the execution of key operational and strategic plans within the supply chain department as well across the organization with impact ranging from ERP implementation and management, strategic sourcing, quality assurance, new product launches, product compliance & improvements to sustainability initiatives. This is a global role with a strong focus on leadership, organizational design, data systemization, workflow automation, continuous process improvement and internal/external stakeholders management.
- Design and drive efficient global supplier relationship management workstreams to ensure continuous supply, positioning the organization as a preferred customer of choice for the supply base, efficient performance & exceptions proactive action planning/monitoring/reporting
- Develop and execute operational frameworks, processes and systems to ensure smooth supply management activities, optimal processes and resources utilization efficiency, workflows automation, data accuracy and integrity, visibility, reporting and financial & product compliance
- Manage efficiently several internal and external stakeholders and proactively provide them with timely, reliable data/plans/reporting
- Build and lead globally distributed teams and implement an efficient global organizational design structure to drive performance, speed, accountability, transparency, continuous learning and improvements and team development
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, business administration, or a related field
- 10+ leading large global purchasing organizations with strong experience managing globally distributed teams
- Experience leading purchasing activities for thousands of global suppliers (APAC, Sub-Indian Continent, Americas and Europe) and millions of SKUs in fast-paced dynamic environments. Retail and/or e-commerce experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience in ERP Procure-to-Pay & inventory modules as well process workflows automation and integration
- Proven track record in building, leading and developing globally distributed teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all organizations layers
- Fluency in English; Mandarin or Cantonese is a plus
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.