Boston Digital is seeking a Director of Project Management to run complex interactive projects, develop and manage best practices around project management, and to ensure successful service delivery for our valued clients.
You will mentor and lead a high functioning Project Management Team in delivering digital solutions that meet clients’ business goals and exceed expectations, with a focus on managing to budgets, schedules and resources. A focus on project management best practices and process will be key to success in this role.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management, experience managing and growing teams, digital marketing and/or web experience, and strong business acumen and leadership qualities.
- Develop and manage best practices for Project Management across the project life cycle to ensure effective delivery
- Strong collaboration with service teams and ability to effectively socialize processes for highest quality deliverables
- Lead and mentor a team of Project Managers and Coordinators, coaching them on PM best practices
- Manage large, complex web and digital projects for your own set of clients, even while managing the PM organization to ensure high quality delivery across our client portfolio
- Develop, implement and continuously improve project management processes to increase efficiency in project delivery
- Manage Project Manager resourcing, helping to provide the team with the best tools possible to maximize efficiency and profitability
- Forecast resource needs across multiple projects and accounts to ensure project success
- Escalate and communicate progress and issues as needed to VP of Account Services and Development
- Ensures execution and tracking of critical tasks for project teams
- Maintain detailed, thorough and updated timelines for each project on an on-going basis to allow transparency
- Develop and coordinate resource planning across functions
- Identify project risks with input from team members then mitigate
- Evaluate and prioritize project requests, mitigate competing priorities
- Support project scoping and ensure resource allocation and cross-department collaboration
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 8 years of project management and delivery experience in a professional services context
- Digital agency experience required
- At least 3 years of experience successfully building and mentoring a team of Project Managers on simultaneous diverse and complex projects
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills through a collaborative team approach, while to holding others accountable in constructive manner
- Strong understanding of Digital Marketing and Website Development practices and the interdependencies between project team and department functions
- Organized, flexible, goal-oriented, results-driven individual with effective time management and prioritization skills, as well as a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Agile experience in an agency setting, and scrum master certification preferred
- BA or BS Degree
- PMP Certification is strongly preferred
- Boston area applicants only
Boston Digital will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Agency must obtain advance written approval from Boston Digital's recruiting function to submit resumes to a specific job opening.
Why You'll Love It Here
We work hard here, so we take our fun seriously. As a Boston Digital team member, not only will you contribute to amazing projects and build a worthwhile career, you'll also enjoy the benefits that turn a simple job into a passion.