The product marketing team at Acoustic is tasked with developing and executing the direct and partner go-to-market strategies to fuel our growth. As the Director, Product Marketing - Pricing Strategy & Packaging you will drive the pricing and packaging of all Acoustic products and services. You will guide the company’s leadership on product monetization and pricing strategy decisions. In collaboration with the Sales teams, Product, and Finance, you will define and implement a pricing strategy that is competitive in the market while ensuring financial objectives are met. You will partner with Sales, Business Development & Revenue Operations on specific deals and proposals to ensure pricing structure consistency, alignment to value, and achievement of target margins. You will create and implement new systems and processes to optimize and govern pricing and packaging as it relates to acquiring new customers along with the expansion of existing customers. You will be a subject matter expert on competitive pricing practices and trends, own the change management process when iterations happen and analyze the business impact. You will be a key stakeholder in the development of pricing strategies and packaging for new products, solutions and markets.
This is a highly strategic role for someone who craves a stimulating learning curve, loves mixing creativity with business operations, and who is up to the challenge of owning a core pillar of the company’s growth.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with leaders in sales, marketing, product and finance organizations to craft new, business models, define monetization strategies for new offerings, and optimize packaging & pricing for existing products
- Research and develop pricing models and strategy
- Define product requirements to support packaging and billing visibility
- Build a strong understanding of the value our products deliver for our users and how differentiated our products are compared to alternatives
- Act as a thought partner for specific deals and proposals
- Support the development of pricing tools
- Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment of incentives across teams
- Lead field training and enablement on pricing and monetization
- 10 years of professional experience in strategy consulting, product marketing, pricing strategy, product management, and/or corporate strategy
- At least 3 years of SaaS pricing experience and/or SaaS monetization experience with demonstrated success at a B2B enterprise SaaS or software company
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or relevant field of study
- Experience working cross-functionally, partnering with groups such as Sales, Business Development, Product Management, and Demand Generation
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and distill for different audience segments in clear and effective ways
- Comfort operating in a technical software environment; understanding of fundamental software concepts (e.g., APIs, databases, dev vs prod, etc)
- The ability to thrive in a fast-growing company where hands-on execution is required and processes may not exist yet (until you implement them)
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics
- Self-starter, finisher - you aim at outcomes, figure out the plan, and make it happen
- Experience building quantitative models to understand COGS, margins, price, and relative impact on demand of various monetization strategies
Acoustic is an independent marketing cloud with the open platform needed for success in a dynamic world. We’re reimagining marketing technology by lessening the burdens of repetitive tasks and equipping marketers with powerful technology that is simple and easy to use. We give marketers more time to do what really matters—to think bigger and put themselves back into the work. We help marketers aim higher, bringing humanity back into marketing. Acoustic serves an international client base of more than 3,500 brands, including Fortune 500 companies, providing digital marketing, marketing analytics, content management, personalization, mobile marketing, and marketing automation solutions. For more information, visit www.acoustic.com.
Acoustic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everyone. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.