Brightcove is currently seeking a Director, Product Marketing - Media Solutions. Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Reporting to the SVP of Product Strategy & Marketing, youll grow and lead a team responsible for all aspects of product marketing including product positioning, messaging, product launches, and sales enablement for our media solutions. This is a key role on our team and an opportunity for an expert in video solutions for media to drive strategy, redefine our positioning and lead go-to-market execution. Successful candidates will have experience in the industry combined with product marketing expertise with a focus on revenue growth and market development.
- Guide the company to a differentiated industry and product strategy aligned with the corporate vision and designed to exceed the corporate objectives
- Create a positioning and messaging framework for our products and solutions that clearly promotes our differentiated value
- Build and execute a go-to-market strategy from inception to execution for the products and solutions you own
- Be an industry expert by staying current on trends, partners and competitors in anticipation of their actions and to inform our strategy
- Coach, motivate, develop, and inspire a team of Product Marketing managers and specialists
- Manage product launches including planning, messaging and communication
- Identify sales and marketing tools to communicate the value proposition of our products and solutions to targeted audiences - and manage the development of content
- Share the accountability for quarterly business goals through constant support of the marketing and sales teams
- Conduct and support enablement efforts for sales teams, sharing your expertise on our buyers and the problems they need to solve.
- Act as a spokesperson - represent the company at industry events, conferences, trade shows, webinars, on social media, and with analysts covering the company
- Develop a solid understanding of the competitive landscape and develop compelling positioning, messages and sales tools to differentiate Brightcove in order to win against competition
- Bachelors degree in business or marketing or equivalent industry experience. MBA preferred
- 8+ years of product marketing experience in enterprise software
- Experience at a media or media-tech company a plus, but not required
- Comfort working within a fast growing, technology environment with ambiguity and gray area - ability working with shifting priorities and focus
- Positive attitude with excellent collaboration skills a must
- Intellectual curiosity: ability to question how things are done and provide innovative ways of thinking and getting work done
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales, marketing and development processes
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams in marketing, sales, and product
- Demonstrated leadership, sales support, project management and training skills
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
Please note, we support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Targeted Base Salary Range: $156,000-$202,000
The base salary range listed above is across locations in the US. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to an applicant's experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and an applicant's work location.
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcoves total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer flexible options to work in our Boston office located in Fort Point harbor, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you, please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.