The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. Over 7,000 restaurants worldwide rely on BentoBox for
elevated design, built-in marketing tools, actionable data and a best-in-class customer experience. The platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, ticket) and events management. BentoBox is trusted and loved by hospitality groups such as Jos Andrss ThinkFoodGroup and Danny Meyers Union Square Hospitality Group and independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte and Big Gay Ice Cream. Learn more at www.getbento.com
BentoBox is seeking a Director, Product Marketing to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for the positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for the BentoBox Restaurant Marketing & Commerce Platform.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionately focused on our customers and driven by helping restaurants thrive. They are an expert storyteller, and have past experience leading a product marketing team in a B2SMB setting. They are a metrics-driven leader, with extensive experience in creating and executing successful GTM strategies including messaging, pricing/packaging, sales enablement, and demand plans. This role requires a strategic problem solver who is an effective influencer with a high degree of business acumen. Our environment is fast-paced and requires balancing scrappiness with scale, gut with data, and planning with action. This is a high visibility role requiring excellent communication and accountability.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for acquisition, engagement and expansion of BentoBox products and services
- Develop and maintain BentoBox product positioning, messaging, packaging, and related marketing content and sales tools
- Support, manage and develop a team of Product Marketing Managers
- Build team expertise on the restaurant industry and customer needs, technology trends, and shopping behavior
- Collect and monitor insights and intelligence on competitive positioning
- Closely partner with Sales Enablement to equip Sales/Client Success organizations how to sell Bentobox solutions
- Maintain quantitative and qualitative performance measures marketing-enabled product performance
- Partner with Product Management on assessing product/market fit for new features and offerings.
- Inform promotion plan for solutions in partnership with Growth Marketing team
- Create pitch decks, 1-pagers, one-sheets, case studies, webinars, website feature pages, and other marketing materials to ensure Sales and Marketing are equipped to effectively drive and close leads
- Work with the broader marketing team to launch campaigns across web, ads, social, email, ads, and other marketing channels
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
Skills and Attributes
- 7+ years of product marketing experience, preferably for B2B SaaS; B2SMB a plus
- Demonstrated success in creating and executing effective go-to-market strategies
- Expert in developing messaging and storytelling
- Experience with pricing/packaging
- Experience with acquisition as well as engagement and expansion strategies
- Proven experience inspiring and developing talent
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative marketing ideas and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive execution.
- Results-oriented and data-driven.
- Passion for restaurants and hospitality and a desire to help them thrive
- Experience in prioritizing highest impact work and delivery of high quality assets
- Exceptional teammate with proven ability to lead through influence.
- Consistent track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and interpersonal skills to lead multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and executive presentation skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) - BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.