Office Tour Photos
Director of Product Management, Ad Tech Systems
Wayfair is looking for a senior product leader to build an industry-leading ad tech platform that maximizes revenue driven by our advertising campaigns using the wealth of data we have about our customers and product catalog. Your platform will optimize several hundred million dollars of advertising spend and enable Wayfairs internal agencies to execute cutting edge campaigns, ultimately fueling Wayfairs growth in the future.
The Director of Product Management for Ad Tech Systems will own several core workstreams:
- Bidding & Optimization: Promote and enable data driven strategies across all campaigns and channels to drive step change gains in scale and efficiency. Productionize scalable bidding models, automate campaign optimization with machine learning algorithms, and identify opportunities for anomaly and change detection.
- Campaign Management: drive resource efficiency and flexibility through automation of key tasks. Create unified, holistic campaign platforms for search, social, display, direct mail, and TV. Build and maintain a best-in-class ad server that leverages proprietary recommendation algorithms.
- Audience Management & Tracking: create and evolve cross-device and channel agnostic identity pipelines to consistently reach audiences through any channel.
You will lead a growing team of product managers and associates to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for ad tech. You will own the overarching vision, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Data Science and Engineering teams. This role is highly strategic, requiring close partnership with many internal stakeholders including marketing, data science, engineering, pricing and profitability, storefront experience, and others.
This role presents significant technical, analytical, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and creative problem solvers who are able to lead and grow high-performing cross functional teams that bring their vision to reality. Theyll also be able to dive deep into the technical details of their platform while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our organization.
- Partner with senior leaders to define and align business and product vision and strategy for recommendations and personalization at Wayfair
- Develop and maintain a product platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Lead, develop, and mentor a growing team of 10 product managers and associates (across all levels of seniority) and partner with engineering, analytics, and data science leadership to continually evolve their organizations for growth
- Lead cross-functional teams in planning, prioritization, and product delivery including data science, engineering, site merchandising, storefront experience, marketing, pricing and profitability, and category management
- Counsel leaders in business, operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of initiatives and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- 10+ years Product Management experience, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have started new products/initiatives within large companies).
- 5+ years experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Strong technical background, preferably in large volume, scalable web services. Experience with real-time data science model evaluation a plus
- Ad tech experience helpful, but not required.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
More Jobs From