Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
Our mission is to make home ownership achievable. We live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
At Ribbon, we aim to build products and services that make homeownership achievable. Were seeking a Director of Design to lead our design team. Youll play an important role, working alongside a team of talented designers, engineers, product managers to create tools and products for the millions of people annually looking to make their dreams of home ownership come true.
The homebuying process needs to be redesigned to be far more simple and certain. The design team leads this by understanding our customers and their problems in great depth and designing thoughtful, delightful experiences worthy of the magnitude of the home transaction.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Lead and build a team of world-class designers responsible for ensuring Ribbon has extremely thoughtful and beautifully designed products.
- Cultivate an inclusive design process and be a key contributor to product strategy collaborating closely with Product and Engineering leadership to shape the product roadmap
- Lead by example by being hands on in ensuring our holistic user experience is thoughtful and delightful and crafting design strategy to achieve company objectives.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products for home buyers, sellers, agents, and lenders.
- Champion design at the company level to bring great design and design-thinking to all aspects of Ribbon.
- Effectively communicate your team's product goals (both within the team and outside the team), and be responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence.
- Active scaling, mentoring, coaching and support of the design team and ensuring clear career and growth plans
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in product design
- 4+ years of leading and building diverse, equitable, and inclusive design teams
- Experience running design teams that collaborate effectively with engineering, product management and other functions outside the product team
- Proven track record of designing and delivering great experiences from both a UX and UI perspective
- Experience with the process of design thinking and modern product discovery practices
- Experience crafting design strategy to create delightful, simple experiences in complex domains
- Experience in user research and using data to inform product design decisions
- Ability to learn new domains and new problem spaces very quickly
- Expert communication at every level with the ability to inspire team members and influence overall product strategy with company leadership
- Experience designing real estate or financial technology products
- Experience designing multi-sided marketplaces
- Experience designing networked products with multiple types of users
- Experience designing experiences that transcend both digital and physical worlds
- Active contributor to the design community (thought leadership, events, etc)
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Fully paid parental leave
- Regular team lunches
- Health + wellness stipend
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If youd be excited to show up for work each day, wed be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon were not scared of differences. Its how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, weve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.