Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Director of Pricing is a strategic leader who drives all cross-company activities related to Pricing developing and maintaining pricing and packaging structures and financial models, managing company pricing processes and releases and packaging software, hardware and services and communicating value in the market. This leader partners closely with Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales Operations, Finance, Sales and Account teams, and Commercial Enablement to develop pricing for new and existing products to drive company strategy and growth. The person in this role should enjoy operating at a big picture, strategic level while simultaneously digging into complex quantitative and qualitative analyses. The Director of Pricing is a key marketing leader in ensuring Amwell sells effectively and drives client growth and retention strategy. The ideal candidate has built and/or led the pricing function at a software company.
- Lead pricing strategy for the company
- Lead Pricing Committee discussions, to ensure fair and full review of proposed new pricing cross functionally ahead of rollout
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and implement monetization, packaging, and pricing strategy
- Working with Market Insights, Product Management and Product Marketing, develop competitive price comparisons and positioning recommendations
- Analyze product and service expected gross margins, in collaboration with finance
- Develop and reinforce across client facing organizations a common understanding of the value that Amwell delivers to customers for the price we charge
- Maintain and upgrade our internal pricing & packaging methodologies and train sales and account teams on the value
- Oversee all partner and reseller pricing processes and relationships
- Partner effectively with Deal Desk and the broader Finance team to ensure successful pricing implementation and to optimize our pricing and packaging over time
- Intellectual leadership partner with others to generate new, innovative ideas. Become a specialist on a range of B2B, marketplace, and SaaS packaging & pricing models.
- Team leadership guide and nurture talent on the pricing & packaging team, cultivating an inclusive environment in which all members can bring their full selves to work
- Functional capabilities - develop and hone research and testing capabilities (analyze A/B testing results, use pricing surveys to assess willingness to pay, develop packaging and bundling strategies, etc)
- Pricing operations ensure that pricing strategies are operationalized efficiently and effectively; monitor and manage pricing integrity
- Communication develop more thorough and efficient feedback loops from customers, sales, marketing, and other partners to ensure our approach remains optimal
- BA/BS, MBA, and/or financial qualifications preferred, e.g. CPA, Masters of Finance
- Prior technology, SaaS, healthcare experience 15+ years of work experience
- Demonstrated success leading the pricing function in a growth software company
- Project management skills
- People management experience
- Great interpersonal and communication skills you can easily develop relationships both inside and outside the organization
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans