Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is seeking a Director Policy & Business Development to own the US strategy for developing city & partner relationships and securing permits for Superpedestrians growing micromobility business. The candidate will be in charge of managing a key team responsible for executing on strategic growth opportunities, as well as establishing and growing relationships with City Partners.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for micromobility and for improving transportation in cities. This role is an opportunity to be directly involved in transforming sustainable urban mobility in a rapidly growing organization.
What youll do:
- Create our new market strategy and playbook, and lead a global effort, by developing strategies for entering markets, building existing relationships and developing creative partnerships
- Run the team of Regional Policy & Business Development Manager across the US
- Lead the strategy and implementation of Superpedetrian policy vision, including both legislative and regulatory activities
- Directly engage policymakers and administrative staff to educate stakeholders about Superpedestrians LINK scooter and the Companys vision for solving transportation problems in cities
- Create and maintain relationships with government leaders, transit agencies, local businesses, organizations, and other interested stakeholders to carry out legislative strategy and strategic development
- Develop compelling and concise presentations, proposals, and messaging for a variety of stakeholders to communicate Superpedstrians unique value proposition
- Craft and execute a third party engagement strategy aimed at developing Superpedestrians presence in cities, including local community engagement, tailored equity strategies, and partnerships with local organizations and educational institutions
- Support the development of Superpedestrians community affairs profile by collaborating across the Company to ensure alignment and execution. Advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams
What youll bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 10+ years of relevant regulator affairs experience including 5+ years of people management experience across global regions
- Broad policy background with experience in transportation policy, and ideally micromobility/mobility policy
- Exceptional strategy setting, influencing, and advocacy skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to speak publicly and develop proposal materials
- Strategic, creative-minded team-player and self-starter
- You are able to travel domestically as needed
Why you should join us:
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan
- Generous time off policy
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future
- Equity in a fast growing company
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.