Office Tour Photos
The Director, People Analytics is a customer-facing role within the Workhuman IQ team. This position is responsible for contributing to the development of data-driven thought leadership for Workhuman with supporting analytics and research, delivered in a compelling way for multiple client audiences. This person also consults directly with clients to uncover and understand the correlations between recognition and performance data and results with other business goals including retention, engagement, safety, quality, productivity and more.
The Director, People Analytics typical responsibilities include leading an analytics team to create proactive original research and analysis on the latest human resource topics, as well as leading people analytics consulting engagements with senior HR leaders from F1000 companies. This leader is also responsible for uncovering insightful trends and packaging those elements into compelling resources for clients such as business cases, workshops, training and educational content, and other communications mechanisms. This person will be an important leader in helping to shape Workhuman’s analytics efforts with clients and the HR industry at large.
This role also works closely in partnership with Workhuman’s Customer Success, Sales, HR, Marketing and Product teams, providing consultation to drive thought leadership in support of our mission to move our industry forward by striving to become leaders in thought, technology, innovation, and global ability.
Reporting to: Global Head of Analytics & Executive Director, Workhuman IQ
Location: Framingham, MA
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create new ways of presenting customer success and benchmarks in terms of recognition received/given.
- Continually develop new models and methods for evaluating existing data or correlating new data to existing materials. Be the “go-to” source internally for positioning, advanced data analysis, and messaging/new thinking driven from that analysis by everyone from our top Executive to Product, to Customer Success Managers, to Sales, and Marketing.
- Lead the company’s research efforts, both original and with partners, to ensure research and data requirements are fully understood, actioned, and shared in a compelling way. Become intimately familiar with all customer and product data sources across the company to facilitate best of use of the knowledge available to us and counsel on ways to improve these data sources over time.
- Proactively plan for development of new methodologies for how the HR industry measures success, through appropriate research partnerships.
- Bring credibility to Workhuman through Organizational Development background, models, and rigorous application of data science principles.
- Conduct/participate in proactive research through the creation of survey instruments, analysis of results and correlation with other industry findings and client benchmarking to draw relevant insights.
- Conduct reactive research by monitor relevant industry analysts, bloggers, reporters and other third-party outlets for industry news, trends, research and affiliated information.
- Engage with customers in a consultative capacity to uncover and understand the impact of recognition on achievement of key business goals including, but not limited to, engagement, retention, performance, productivity, quality and safety.
- Benchmark customer experiences against best practices to drive understanding of success drivers through recognition.
- Incorporate research findings into thought leadership direction and positioning for clients on ROI Project and on how to understand impact of recognition on overall business goals.
- Stay current with and contribute to employee recognition and related human resources trends and research, including Workhuman blogs, white papers, and webinars.
- Collaborate with team members and others within Workhuman to ensure latest and most relevant industry findings and customer results are presented in an adult educational, and appealing way.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Travel up to 20% required
The Skills You Will Bring:
- 10+ years of experience in research, people analytics, with customer- and market-focused writing
- Proactive and creative approach to problem solving, developing innovative solutions or new approaches in a very fast-moving environment
- Ability to connect with external stakeholders and customers by influencing mindsets and inspiring through data
- Knowledge of and experience in the HR industry highly desired
- Proven ability to create original analytical insights from business requirements through high impact findings.
- Prior experience consulting experience with HR leaders
- Ability to read and absorb a great deal of information, translating and condensing it into meaningful and useful content for various audiences
- Excellent people management skills (at least 4 years of people management experience); directly manage, inspire, and coach a team of data analysts.
- Experience working with and managing large datasets, from both quality and linkage perspectives
- Intermediate knowledge of basic statistical analyses (including linear and logistic regression, cross-tabulations, and ANOVAs)
- Previous experience with statistical software (SPSS, SAS, R) or database languages (SQL)
- Strong interest and understanding of people (HR) data and systems a plus
- Familiarity with advanced statistical techniques (clustering, decision trees, etc.) are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Advanced degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources or related field required
Who We Are:
At Workhuman, we love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work through our people and technology. Our human cloud-based applications are helping some of the world’s leading global brands connect culture to shared purpose. The Workhuman Cloud empowers employees to thank, talk and celebrate each other, creating an environment that sparks gratitude and human connection while increasing employee engagement and productivity.
Here you can be yourself, learn, and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments, and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace.
Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests
More Jobs From