Full-time, Boston, MA or Remote (US - East Coast)
Hurry up! Weve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is an international start-up thats growing fast. We love what we do, were proud of how we do it, and weve teamed up to create a truly exceptional product and company. BlueConic is a disruptive technology in the industry and its our job to make sure every marketer knows it. Are you the type of leader that wants to set the bar for achievement at a fast-growing start-up in one of the hottest SaaS markets? Does getting in on the ground floor and helping drive the companys early success get you excited? Are you motivated by playing a critical role in building the future of the company?
We've got a job for you.
The Director, Strategic Partnerships is responsible for developing and expanding BlueConics global partnership strategy and portfolio. Our customers are market leaders in publishing, retail, hospitality, and financial services and they rely on BlueConic to drive their most important marketing initiatives. As the Director, Strategic Partnerships you will be tasked with helping define and expand the overall partnership strategy while also managing a defined portfolio of key partner accounts, ensuring clients are meeting their business goals while also supporting BlueConics commercial growth goals.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with Customer Success leadership to develop and expand the overall global partner strategy
- Serve as customers primary commercial point of BlueConic contact and act as an internal advocate for the buyer/budget holder and as the liaison between the customer and internal teams, including Customer Success, Product and Marketing
- Collaborate with Management, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and Product to develop tailored growth plans for the accounts in your portfolio and ensure the customer meets their success metrics for the relationship
- Own the relationship with your customer portfolio, including communicating with stakeholders on a regular basis and in response as required, while establishing deep and wide relationships across the organizations
- Maintain a book of business for which you will be goaled on achievement of retention and expansion targets, and for forecasting and reporting on retention and expansion pipelines to management
- Partner with marketing to help identify and support partnership marketing needs
- Implement partner processes and best practices
- Support and guide junior team members to help meet team goals
- 7+ years of proven experience carrying a quota in a B2B SaaS company, ideally in marketing technology
- Experience in and familiarity with key technologies and strategies related to marketing technology
- Built or managed a partner portfolio
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- An ability to deftly manage (e.g. escalations), timelines, priorities, and expectations, both on a customer-by-customer basis, as well as across your portfolio
- Gone above and beyond for clients and can speak to the resulting quantitative and qualitative success from your efforts
- The ability to think creatively but also bring structure and scalability to this role and the broader team.
- A consultative selling attitude which means spending time with the customer to intimately understand the business problem(s) the customer is trying to solve, and recommending a specific, tailored solution.
It will set you apart from the pack if you have:
- Experience working with customer data platforms, digital analytics, personalization/tag management, campaign management, and/or web-based technologies
- Worked in the marketing technology space for a considerable part of your career
- Have proven success in building a successful partner ecosystem
Reasons to join us:
- Help build the best company in marketing technology, period.
- Be part of a fast-growing team in downtown Boston with offices in the Netherlands.
- Work with big name brands to achieve their marketing goals.
- Join early and help shape this function as it expands and grows with customer demand.
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits, including the office stroopwafel supply.