Office Tour Photos
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And weve come a long way since. Today were a 500 + strong team (were thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, youll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And were still growing! Thats where you come in.
The Director of Operations at MOO, Inc. is responsible for driving quality, efficiency, and responsiveness in manufacturing and operations. The position requires diverse manufacturing operations management experience, including but not limited to near term and strategic planning, quality systems, performance monitoring and reporting, team building, personnel development and control over operating costs. They will deliver competitive advantage through efficiencies and optimization of manufacturing and assembly process technology. Works cross functionally with Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering and Customer Service.
- Build an efficient, scaleable, production operation that aligns to MOOs commitment to the customer while supporting product development and launches.
- Develops strategic operating plans and responds to changing business conditions, with an emphasis on customer satisfaction through continuous process improvement.
- Develops and maintains an organizational design that is aligned with the achievement of overall business objectives and is responsive to customer needs.
- Evaluate operational processes and procedures and develop strategies and implementation plans to improve and standardize all aspects of operations.
- Develop and implement methods and systems to control operating costs.
- Manage the resolution and escalation of issues that arise.
- Financial proficiency required to establish well thought out budgets and resource plans for the manufacturing operations. Monitor and perform within the forecasted plan. Identify, communicate, and drive labor, other variable, and base cost leverage.
- Ensures resources such as manpower, equipment efficiency, capacity, and materials are aligned to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Work closely with product design/engineering to ensure new products are seamlessly transitioned into production through a well-defined new product introduction process.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan.
- Track key performance indicators that drive change and provide visibility to the manufacturing and leadership teams. Monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results.
- As a member of the executive team, drive successful cross-functional initiatives, setting direction, engaging multiple parties, executing outcomes, and communicating to key stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of successful experience leading low volume, high mix manufacturing operations across multiple sites; to include international.
- Must have in depth knowledge of vertically integrated e-commerce workflows and how they interface with manufacturing systems.
- Significant experience implementing and applying lean methodologies in a diverse manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical analytical skills including Value Stream Mapping, PFMEA, statistical methods and six sigma techniques.
- Effective in developing and setting operational goals and metrics.
- Business and strategic planning capability.
- Effective interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions while coordinating multiple projects, programs, variables, and priorities.
- Effective communications and influence skills to work across all levels of the organization to gain support, drive team results and maintain effective lines of communication.
Nice to Haves:
- Masters degree.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification and Lean Manufacturing.
- 10 years of experience developing, managing and leading a diverse manufacturing team focused on quality, customer satisfaction and cost efficiency.
- Experience collaborating with software and process engineers in defining tools, dashboards and reports to effectively manage a made-to-order product manufacturing environment.
Whats it like to work at MOO?
MOOs the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
Thats why we offer 23 days PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, MOO stock option program, paid parental leave and well cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. Well also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too. Finally, well treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesnt discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class