Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity:
Better is seeking a Director to oversee Strategy & Operations for our real estate agent business, Better Real Estate (BRE). While our HQ is based in NYC, please note that location for this position is flexible. We welcome applicants across geographic locations!
BRE simplifies the home buying journey by matching our customers with best-in-class real estate agents who provide ongoing guidance throughout the home search phase, queing up a seamless loan process. Proven to be an integral partner to our borrowers, customer interest in Better's real estate offering has grown >10x since January of 2019. As such, the continuous growth of BRE has become an integral part of our growth strategy and is a key objective for scale through 2021. Better is dedicated to ensuring that every borrower is paired with an agent whose approach aligns with their respective needs.
The Director, Strategy & Operations will play a critical role in managing BRE's scaling process by contributing to and taking ownership of a variety of initiatives. As an early member of this business, this hire will be deeply involved in shaping the strategy and operations for our real estate offering. This individual will act as a thought partner to the GM of Better Real Estate on strategic planning and execution.
- Act as a key stakeholder and leader within Operations & Insights, the analytical arm of Better's revenue-generating machine
- Assume oversight of strategy & operations for BRE; build and scale a rapidly evolving line of business and team
- Monitor our external environment (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) and derive implications for the business
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business functions, including sales, operations, marketing and product strategy
- Lead end-to-end execution on major real estate initiatives (past examples include: implementing nationwide real estate agent distribution network; building out first-of-its-kind customer and agent outreach team; designing multi-channel customer outreach strategy)
- Manage and scale a team of ~5 strategy & operations generalists
- You have 6+ years of experience in management consulting at a top-tier firm, and in-house experience in a strategic/operations role. Your management consulting experience should include at least 1 year spent as an Engagement Manager
- You are a strong leader with a proven track record building and scaling teams
- You are both a strategist and an executor with ability to operate at a high level, but also feel comfortable getting in the weeds
- You are action oriented and bring a strong sense of practicality to your execution approach
- You have robust skills in data analysis (SQL experience strongly preferred) + modeling, as well slide writing + presentation
- You have worked within a high-growth company and have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and with people of various backgrounds and levels of seniority
- You are highly adaptable with the ability to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.