ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Do you have experience leading open deck logistics operations and strategy?
Do you have a passion for pushing the boundaries of innovation by utilizing technology to transform the open deck market?
Do you want to join a rocketship that has had +200% growth of year-over-year revenue?
If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we have recently created a new Director of Open Deck role to help build and scale our unique capacity offering. We are a Series C-funded logistic technology company that has increased our revenue by 200% year over year, led by a leadership team of logistics veterans and experienced engineers, product leaders and data scientists continuing to disrupt this $800 billion industry.
We are seeking a sharp, energetic Open Deck leader who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced global company. Loadsmart is looking for a driven, results oriented professional with a desire to build, lead and accelerate our Open Deck business. In this role, you will lead the Open Deck operations team and be accountable to grow our Open Deck business leveraging Loadsmarts proprietary technology. You will work hand-in-hand with the sales team to acquire new and grow existing open deck shipper revenue. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly impact our Open Deck strategic partnerships, including The Home Depot.
REPORTING TO: Jim Nicholson, VP Operations
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
What you get to do:
- Develop and execute the strategy to build, grow and accelerate Loadsmarts Open Deck service offering leveraging our proprietary technology
- Work closely with sales leadership and marketing to establish and execute the Open Deck go-to-market strategy
- Lead the Open Deck team including carrier sales and managers and drive accountability to growth across key metrics including load volume, carrier utilization and profitability
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define the product vision and roadmap to industry leading Open Deck product for shippers and carriers
- Create the carrier commercial strategy, leveraging our carrier tech, to improve carrier acquisition and utilization
- Serve as a key leadership role to build new and scale existing strategic partnerships including The Home Depot
- Lead the acceleration of the first-of-its-kind Flatbed MarketplaceResponsible for key metrics including Open Deck revenue and gross margin growth
You have experience:
- 5+ years in a leadership position overseeing Open Deck/Flatbed Operations
- Leading teams including sales representatives and managers
- Leveraging sales productivity tools such as Salesforce, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Maintaining sales pipeline ensuring accurate forecasts
Your colleagues would describe you as:
- Having a passion for developing and executing commercial and operational strategy
- Curiosity to work closely with product and engineering teams to develop industry leading technology solutions
- The ability to collaborate with teams across multiple departments to achieve results
- Strong leadership skills
- Solutions focused
- Curious and innovative
WORKING AT LOADSMART
Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
Extremely competitive Equity package - become a shareholder in our company!
401k Match up to $5,000
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by the company
Teledoc (remote doctors) and Talkspace (mental health counseling) membership fees covered 100% by the company
Commuter benefits and membership with CITI/Divvy bike
10 Paid holidays, plus 15 days of accrued PTO for a total of 25 paid days off per year
An opportunity to work with an inclusive, global community of Loadies across 15 countries united by our core value of Teamwork
Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency across all levels; we offer monthly Business Updates, monthly "Ask Me Anything" Sessions with the CEO and Quarterly Equity updates
Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives and donation drives
Lots of employee engagement activities both offsite and onsite; if youre in Chicago expect to have an amazing time as we move into our beautiful new 35,000 sq foot office where we host happy hours, free lunches, free breakfast, lots of games (ping pong, pool, arcade, etc) plus get out of the office regularly for company social events (i.e. bowling, baseball games, golf outings) Are you up to the challenge? Apply today!
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.