Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
As a Director, Media at Applecart you will serve as client lead and strategic partner to Applecarts customers with respect to the design, execution, and measurement of high impact B2B marketing campaigns. You will work with Fortune 500 companies, startups, private equity-backed companies, and nonprofit organizations through every step of a digital B2B marketing campaign from strategy and creative to media buying and measurement. In this role, you will manage a team of advertising strategists and be responsible for the success of client relationships from end-to-end. This role reports directly to Applecarts President.
What Youll Do
- Serve as day-to-day client manager for high stakes accounts for digital advertising b2b marketing, corporate reputation, and public affairs campaigns
- Help develop clients advertising strategy and provide expertise to clients in areas including audience development, media planning, creative, and measurement
- Ensure best-in-class set up and ongoing management of campaigns
- Communicate client goals to client team and other internal stakeholders
- Develop and execute measurement approaches to demonstrate ROI and highlight advertising outcomes
- Present campaign strategy and report on key performance milestones to date; interpret performance reporting data for clients on a regular basis
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and technical leadership to a team of advertising strategists
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience in B2B digital advertising marketing strategy, planning, and measurement with proven ability to manage senior client relationships and large-scale digital media programs
- Significant Social (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and Programmatic media buying experience for B2B clients
- Expertise in analytics, attribution and measurement approaches and systems for B2B Marketing (e.g. Google Analytics, MOAT, Double Verify, Nielsen, Oracle, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to command an audience's attention
- Team player with the ability to play different roles and manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a cool confidence
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Deep understanding of how to tie media planning to clients marketing objectives
- and overall business goals Ability to thrive in a high-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- An energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor