We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision, where healthy, inexpensive energy changes the world in which we live. It is a tremendous challenge with huge social benefits, and it is also one of the greatest economic opportunities of our era.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables the clean energy revolution by connecting consumers and clean energy providers. We enable consumers to support low-cost, renewable energy while providing the customers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
The role of our Director of Marketing is to connect Ampion’s story to the needs and aspirations of our customers. We’re looking for a practitioner, someone who can see the big picture and then design and implement modern marketing strategies to attract and close the customers we need. This role resides in the Ampion team that finds consumers for renewable energy, but actively collaborates across the organization to ensure that all our touch points with consumers are unified. There’s plenty of room for creative thinking so long as it is balanced with an equally strong dedication to execution. We need someone who has a playbook in mind, but recognizes that testing and iterating are central to making this work.
- Design and manage the execution of complex, integrated marketing programs that have high returns and strong repeatability
- Guide the team in adopting modern inbound marketing methods and platforms such as social media, community groups, and marketing automation tools.
- Build our playbook for sustained success
- Manage budgets for marketing initiatives, applying an analytical mindset and strong business judgment to determine ROI and effectiveness of your efforts
- Work closely with Ampion’s customer-facing teams to coordinate efforts and messaging
- Operate with an orientation for business outcomes, using data and intellectual curiosity to drive continuous improvement of our tactics and understanding of the market
- Serve as an energetic spokesperson for Ampion, raising our profile in the markets we serve
At Ampion, who you are as a person and professional is as important as the experiences you bring to the team. We have high expectations, which translate to a supportive set of colleagues and a rewarding culture.
- Positive, optimistic attitude that emphasizes superlative experiences for our customers
- The capacity to manage multiple, competing priorities and the talent to work in a fast-paced, high commitment environment
- A natural curiosity and instinct to test and learn on short cycles
- Direct experience with modern marketing methods and use of analytics and automation to target prospects, and the innate ability to nurture prospects through the buyers’ journey
- You’re both strategic and tactical
- You have a reputation for execution and results, and you know that collaboration is the path to success
- You’re proactive and self-motivated
- Blend of direct-to-consumer and business-to-business marketing exposure appreciated
- 7+ to 10 years relevant industry work experience in direct marketing in direct-to-consumer and/or small business contexts
Social justice is at the center of Ampion’s mission to bring renewable energy everywhere, to everyone. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
This position is temporarily remote, but located in our Boston, MA headquarters should we return to conventional office life. You will report directly to our VP of Member Engagement.
Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.