Cedar is transforming the healthcare experience, empowering us all to easily and affordably pursue the care we need. Our technology enables providers and payers to work together to offer an exceptional and affordable healthcare financial experience while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a company that is redefining U.S. healthcare as a category leader. As Cedar continues to grow, we are defining, building, and expanding our research and competitive capabilities. The Director, Market Research will collect and synthesize data on consumers, providers, and payers, as well as current and future Cedar competitors and the healthcare market. The results of your work will influence Cedars commercial and business direction as you deliver meaningful insights, reports, and presentations.
As the Research Director, you will generate material contributions to Cedars outstanding solutions that enable providers and payers to accelerate technological and operational advances resulting in a more seamless, flexible, and conscientious payment experience for patients. In this role, you will support day-to-day priorities that are pivotal to achieving marketing goals for our overall commercial success. Expect to work cross-functionally with Commercial, Client Solutions (implementations), Product, and other teams, as well as with key partner organizations to achieve business goals.
- Lead and execute Cedars overall market research strategy and plan, gaining alignment across internal and external partners to achieve mutually agreed upon business results
- Engage with industry analysts and other critical influencers and professionals to craft Cedars market position
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Commercial, Client Growth, Product Design, Analytics, and other Marketing teams to define research objectives and key results
- Provide a candid look into quantitative and qualitative data to help guide strategic decisions for the organization. Design market research plans that gather evidence ensuring our Marketing decisions are made with sufficient insight from our customers, mitigate risk, and guide our decisions to the best solution. Ensure that the product organization is advised of any product implications that arise from the research conducted.
- Work closely with User Research and senior leaders in the organization to promote a customer-centric attitude and help the organization to make informed decisions, as well as to ensure accountability to buyer and user insights and goals throughout the product life cycle.
- Collect market data on consumers, competitors, and Cedars markets and segments and consolidate information into meaningful items, reports, and presentations
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it, including industry and pulse surveys.
- Establish a central repository for all market intelligence
- Build and maintain feedback loops with multiple functions for the collection of key insights
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales, and methods of operation
- Ensure that the programs and assets delivered complement and strengthen Cedars overall Go to Market strategy
Skills & Experiences
- 7-10 years of marketing experience - enterprise SaaS, B2B and/or healthcare experience strongly preferred
- 5 years of market research experience solving sophisticated problems with simple solutions
- Experienced knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and deliver impactful insights
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter who can develop, prioritize and manage complex strategies with minimal direction, ultimately driving to measurable results
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects at once in a methodical and repeatable manner
- Adaptable, naturally curious and eager to work in a fast-paced environment
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company
- The ability to impact the direction of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension