Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Amwell is seeking a leader to build and grow the market and customer insights function. The ideal candidate for this role has built up this function and managed a high performing team at a large organization. The Director of Market and Customer Insights drives priorities for Amwells products and services, go to market strategy and competitive positioning company-wide. The role includes oversight for intelligence gathering and knowledge management, including conducting primary and secondary market research, gathering and making sense of voice of the customer feedback, market research to inform M&A, product and go to market strategy, new market entry analyses, competitive intelligence, and ROI analyses. The ideal candidate has knowledge management experience in a scaled organization, as the role will drive the gathering, synthesis and disseminating of insights, strategy and product recommendations. This leader establishes best-in-class processes, drives the creation of dashboards and KPIs and puts in place activities meant to promote shared knowledge and drive action throughout the company. The role delivers recommendations around go/no go decisions around market opportunities, total addressable market sizing, competitive dynamics, essential product features and differentiation for health system and health plan markets. The Director of Market and Customer Insights partners closely with Product Management, Product Marketing, Pricing, Engagement Services, Sales Operations, Professional Services, Clinical Services, Finance, R&D, Sales and Account teams and Commercial Enablement to drive company strategy, client growth, and retention.
- Deliver strategic recommendations to Product, Marketing, Sales, M&A, Executive Team, and Board, based on data and insight generated by this team.
- Source, interpret, and present actionable market, customer, and product insights
- Lead the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of qualitative & quantitative market research
- Prepare meaningful, timely market and competitive dynamics reports and presentations for the Executive Team and Board
- Establish and maintain best-in-class deep dive competitive intelligence processes and disseminate key insights to internal stakeholders
- Collect, synthesize, and distribute current information on relevant competitive developments
- Working with Data Analytics, develop effective ROI models for use by market facing teams
- Assess potential new markets and clarify company priorities for new products and programs based on analysis of total addressable market, competitive dynamics, and key customer needs
- Collaborate with broader Commercial team to clearly understand and quantify the opportunity in key business segments
- Provide insights to inform critical business decisions and help identify potential drivers of revenue
- Lead, manage, develop and guide the teams activities
- BA/BS, MBA or other advanced degree in research/analytics
- Healthcare and technology experience ideally with SaaS business models
- 15+ years of experience
- Strategic mindset and strong executive presence
- Expertise in knowledge generation and management in a larger organization
- Demonstrated expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively define business issues and recommendations
- People management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills you can easily develop relationships both inside and outside the organization
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans