Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) delivers converged broadband technology solutions that enable mobile, cable and fixed network service providers to meet the growing demand for gigabit bandwidth and services. Our suite of distributed and virtualized solutions for fixed and mobile 5G ultra-broadband networks are engineered for performance, flexibility and scale. Commercially deployed in over 70 countries, Casa serves more than 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide.
At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Director of Manufacturing Quality & Technical Operations to join our team based at our Corporate Headquarters in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Director of Manufacturing Quality and Technical Operations reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain and impacts the company by playing a critical strategic role in the development and execution of strategies to achieve Casa Systems’ quality and volume manufacturability goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for the achievement of Quality activities across the business.
- Lead with a strong quality improvement mindset, taking preventative actions by utilizing customer feedback along with internal & external data insights.
- Build strong working partnerships across the organization to deliver results in the areas of product and supplier quality reliability & test, sustaining engineering, design for manufacturability, assembly and cost (DFx), documentation and process control.
- Implement Manufacturing Quality and Technical Operations strategy which exceed our customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, optimizing production quality levels and supporting operational excellence.
- Drive continuous improvement action plans and influence product design and product quality priorities.
- Engage extensively with stakeholders both external (customers, suppliers) and internal (HW Engineering, Product Management, Operations, Product Design and Sales).
- Responsible for providing scheduled KPI updates to our internal business leadership.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the manufacturing engineering and quality team, ensuring that key performance indicators are achieved while maintaining Casa System’s high product build standards.
- Lead manufacturing test engineering, manufacturing engineering, and process engineering to implement and sustain the manufacturing processes and procedures to ensure high quality parts and efficient operations. Responsible for selecting manufacturing processes appropriate to deliver the product roadmap.
- Accountable for deployment of the company strategy within the manufacturing operations, ensuring alignment.
- Develop and motivate a strong team with an eye towards succession planning.
- Drive continuous improvement through the principles of Excellence (Kaizens, 5S, engagement, visual control, etc.).
- Accountable for assuring good business readiness and change management practices.
- Ensure assigned staff are qualified and appropriately trained for assigned work.
- Lead the settings of goals for the team that are consistent with corporate objectives.
- Develop and execute sound policies, plans, and procedures for a Casa Systems manufacturing, including, but not limited to, the areas of staffing, technical operations, and product quality.
- Facilitate identification of problem areas (e.g., bottlenecks or increased errors due to manual intervention) and ensure appropriate improvement plans are executed.
- Provide technical leadership in definition and implementation of complex engineering projects.
- Participate in developing technical direction for key initiatives.
- Create and implement best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- More than 15 years of related experience leading quality/manufacturing/engineering organizations within a telecommunications device, medical device, or related manufacturing industry. Experience leading functional engineering teams (ME, EE, TE, DFX) a plus.
- Ability to formulate a plan and execute.
- Possesses validated working experience with DFm & DFx.
- Highly organized, motivated and data driven leader, with strong technical skills and a customer focused mindset.
- Excellent project management skills, experience working in a matrix organization.
- Well-developed leadership skills and understanding of people.
- Knowledge of Engineering/Quality processes and statistics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate using a common language understood by engineers, customers and/or executives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on listening to others.
- Visualize what the customer wants and using detail-orientation follow a plan to get there.
- Mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Exercise good judgment when dealing with people as well as projects.
- Ability to present ideas to larger audiences.
- Ability to delegate when appropriate.
- Able and willing to travel as needed.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Andover, Massachusetts, United States
More Jobs From