American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Director, iOS Development. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Director, iOS Development will play a critical role in Research & Development Department. Specifically, the Director, iOS Development will lead our iOS product teams to produce amazing experiences for patients and physicians by leading a truly talented and diverse development team.
- Lead world-class iOS teams through formidable app design, thoughtful implementation, and maintenance
- Code masterfully in: Objective C, Swift, iOS, Mac, Xcode
- Own American Well’s iOS development from soup to nuts
- Shatter technical road blocks on the way to project delivery
- Analyze the product road map to resource for the long term
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Correct process inefficiencies with Scrum skills
- Supply your keen technical insight at every opportunity
- Minimum 4 years’ experience building mobile apps using the Xcode IDE
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in mobile interface design and development
- Experience completing a mobile application and seeing it through a full life cycle of development and support
- Enterprise web application development in Java
- Automated mobile testing
Should you join American Well and the Research & Development team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks