Office Tour Photos
The Director of Security Operations will report to the Vice President of Information Security. As a leader in the Information Security organization, this role will play a critical role in ensuring the security of all critical assets of both HMH and our customers. You will be responsible for orchestrating a security operations program that meets the business objectives and needs of various stakeholders.You will also be responsible for managing, and leading a team focusing on Operations, Detection, and Response with a team of analysts. You should be comfortable communicating security directives to all employees including but not limited to Team Members, Leadership and Executives when required. You will work closely with multiple teams that make up Information Security, Infrastructure, Engineering, Legal, Risk and Compliance to improve controls and drive impactful change to the team and its members.
- Leading the security operations teams to effectively and efficiently operate the information security technologies
- Accountable for all aspects of staff management, hiring, coaching, training, performance reviews and recommending pay actions and promotions for the Security Operations team
- Overseeing the investigation of reported security incidents and events and develop strategies to address them
- Collect and develop cyber threat intelligence to apply to infrastructure and our security controls in order to protect critical assets of both HMH and our customers from known cyber-attack vectors
- Develop and maintain an advance threat hunting operation with the purpose of detecting both internal and external threat actors
- Staying abreast of latest cyber security threats both internal and external
- Oversee projects, program delivery, daily monitoring, response; review of cloud infrastructure, physical infrastructure, and the full life cycle of alerts through incident response; and the threat landscape to ensure ongoing and continued maturity of the organization's security controls in addition to service support
- Drive operational efficiency and excellence leveraging tools, process and automation with appropriate and transparency visibility and metrics that can meet SLAs/SLOs
- Partner closely with cross functional teams to conceive security strategies and features that will help keep The We Company and its members safe
- Support and implement controls and visibility to meet third party attestations (SOC2, ISO27001, GDPR, SOX)
- Balance being collaborative, open, and approachable while still being firm on security policies and in facilitating progress and compromise
What you should have:
- 5+ years hands-on experience in information security, security operations, threat intelligence and monitoring in a consulting or in-house role
- 5+ years of security engineering management experience; 10+ years of IT support or IT operations management responsibility.
- Proficient analyzing ambiguous problems, compelling communicator with the ability to receive and analyze information; translating security risk to business risk to driving actionable decisions across multiple levels and departments
- Experience in leading security operations leveraging multiple best practices and frameworks (MITRE, NIST), compliance attestations (SOC2, ISO27001, GDPR, SOX), and with Legal and Global Risk & Compliance teams on incident handling and policy creation
- Proficient experience with common network, system, infrastructure, and web application attack vectors and related mitigation strategies that translate to controls within the organization
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From