SimplePractice is the future of practice management. We’re making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices. We’ve built the highest-rated practice management software and we’re on track to become the most-used product in our industry.
We’re seeking a Human Resources Director to build out the HR function for SimplePractice. You’ll oversee and carry out all aspects of HR with the support of a lean team. This role will be responsible for all policies and compliance across all five states where we operate with 150 employees and contractors. You will support employees and managers to make sure HR policies and procedures are clearly understood and easy to follow.
You’ll also identify and prioritize organizational development programs that will be the most impactful at our current stage of growth. You’ll do this by digging in to deeply learn our company, product, team, market, and very intentional company culture. This learning will give you the context you need to adapt organizational development programs to the specific needs of our team.
To get started, you’ll manage our Payroll and Benefits Manager as a department of two and build out a lean team. You’ll work closely with our CEO and leadership team to ensure that our high-performing culture of accountability and direct communication remains the underpinning of our team as we grow.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and/or make recommendations for improvement of HR goals, policies, processes and systems to support the company’s culture and business objectives
- Ensure policies, procedures, resources and reporting are current and in compliance with all federal, state and local laws across multiple states
- Provide proactive and responsive approaches to employee relations issues that support a positive work environment
- Maintain a human resources information system (e.g., ADP Workforce Now) that meets Company personnel information needs
- Take ownership of our hiring road map and forecasting
- Coordinate/Facilitate our new employee on-boarding/orientation process
- Assess HR department team needs and build a lean team
- Manage our Payroll and Benefits Manager and incorporate the payroll and benefits functions into the overall HR department and strategy
- Take ownership of compensation strategy (initially pay bands and leveling) as well as day-to-day compensation work for hiring and promotions
- Manage employee and contractor visas
- Take ownership of eNPS and culture audit administration, analysis, and reporting
- Assist management with coordinating employee training and professional development programs
- Develop and manage policies related to COVID-19
- Carry out all policy and HIPAA training
- Assist management in the performance evaluation process (goal setting, career coaching, performance feedback) and revise process as needed
- Provide counsel and guidance to managers on grievance, disciplinary, and performance issues. Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees
- Conduct investigations into employee complaints and act accordingly to provide resolution
- Consult with external legal counsel as appropriate on personnel matters
- With time and earned responsibility, take accountability for recruiting
- Performs additional related duties as required and assigned
What We Seek:
- Thorough knowledge of human resources principles, compliance, industry practices, and legal requirements related to human resources policies and practices.
- HR experience in multi-state, high growth small-mid size company in the technology or healthcare sector
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands on a daily basis. Comfortable being adaptable and flexible to achieve both HR and business objectives
- Experience working with 3rd party HR system (e.g., ADP) and other 3rd party vendors
- Experience working with HIPAA requirements is a plus
- HR certification (SHRM, PHR or SPHR) is a plus
At SimplePractice, our team is driven by a mission to service the transformative work our customers do. We’re dedicated to providing products and services built to help health & wellness professionals in their journey to running a successful practice.
We love what we do because we believe in the importance of the impact our customers make—as they help people grow and evolve in their lives and communities. If you’re looking for a place to collaborate with passionate people in a great environment, we’d love to talk!
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”).
Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).
More Jobs From