Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Join our team and drive the development of Toasts HR systems strategy and roadmap! Working cross-functionally and as the leader of the HR Technology team, youll lead the evaluation of HR-related systems and applications that meet Toasts business needs. This is a high-impact role requiring a passion for designing and delivering system functionality and efficiency that scales for growth and delivers outstanding user experiences.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Partner with the People team and other stakeholders across Toast to design and evolve Toasts HR technology strategy and roadmap. Working through direct staff and cross-functionally, manage delivery against the HR technology plan. Prepare and present roadmap updates which communicate the status of projects, staff capacity and any project challenges or risks in need of resolution.
- Conduct business needs assessments and lead the evaluation and selection of HR systems-based solutions.
- Prepare resource plans and timelines for HR systems projects, identifying cross-team staffing requirements, external resources and other investments necessary to ensure successful project completion.
- Manage the HR Technology team, including the Workday systems team. Establish team goals, align priorities and identify skills needed to fulfil HR technology roadmap needs. Define roles, communicate performance expectations and support career and skill development plans.
- Define the HR Technology team operating model to ensure support of the organization is effective and efficient, and that team members are enabled for success. Ensure the operating model runs smoothly in all areas including production support, implementations, system enhancements and issue escalations. Ensure maintenance of robust documentation.
- Establish and maintain external service-provider relationships that can provide project support and specialized skills, as needed.
- Develop and manage the HR Technology budget. Develop budget estimates for projects including application/system costs, additional/supplemental staffing needs and other related expenses. Forecast spend against budget and provide regular updates.
- Provide leadership level governance for HR technology and people-related data management. Collaborate with the Security and Legal functions to ensure data security and adherence to all data privacy regulations.
- Partner with IT to ensure HR technology solutions operate effectively within Toasts larger business systems strategy and roadmap.
- Participate in special projects that involve HR systems solutions, changes, or enhancements.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelors degree
- 7+ years of HR Technology management experience either as a member of an IT or HR function within a growing, global organization
- Strong knowledge of and experience with applications that support HR systems: Core HR, compensation, benefits, analytics, talent acquisition, talent management (e.g., performance management, succession planning), learning management, payroll, time & attendance, as well as applications that commonly integrate with HR systems
- Strong Workday experience is preferred
- Outstanding people management skills with the ability to attract, develop and retain talent
- Strong project-management skills
- Creative problem-solving and collaborative leadership skills that enable great business partnership. Demonstrated ability to resolve complex business, systems, data, and program delivery challenges
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical & non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with multi-functional teams, including a track record of successful program implementation and delivery
- Passion for innovation and a desire to seek out the best HR technology solutions and explore emerging trends
*Bread puns encouraged but not required