Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Veeva Compass is the only data platform for life sciences that delivers on-demand data with the precision needed to accelerate and maximize commercial impact. We seek a dynamic contributor to join the Data Partnerships team, bringing entrepreneurial energy, passion for partner engagement, knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem, and an understanding of how data can support various use cases.
As a Health Data Partnerships team member, you will be instrumental in supporting Veeva's relationships with external data partners. Responsibilities include identifying, onboarding, and managing the partnerships critical to supplying, sustaining, and growing Veeva's data products. In addition, you will support the mission through high-impact initiatives such as developing a partner pipeline, leading conversations and negotiations, managing implementations, and working directly with leadership to support customer success.
What You'll Do
- You will work to grow the data network, enabling the success of Veeva's data and analytics products and building upon a best-in-class data acquisition strategy. You will work closely with members of the commercial and development teams to continually evaluate business needs, recommend new investments, and manage ongoing partnerships.
- Build upon a best-in-class data acquisition strategy and function. Understand business requirements and recommend specific datasets for their downstream value.
- Develop a strategy, manage a pipeline and evaluate partners for consideration - work cross-functionally with strategy, data research, terminology, and product teams to assess the value and incrementality of partner data.
- Manage multiple projects and timelines, from identification, evaluation, negotiation, and contracting through technology deployment to production.
- Build relationships internally and externally across the ecosystem. Represent Veeva, our data efforts, and our products in discussions - think creatively about structuring partnerships based on need when traditional approaches are not feasible.
- Foundational knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem, including how data flows and the key players
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare or data environment
- Functional understanding of health care privacy, regulations, and commercial data applications
- Experience in leading negotiations, including the ability the think quickly and strategically
- Comfortable leading cross-department projects in an organized and efficient fashion
- Great with people: teamwork, communication, stakeholder management, and relationship building
- Strong executive presence, presentation skills, and the ability to present and interface with senior leaders
- Entrepreneurial, problem solver, critical thinker, strong attention to detail, curious
Nice to Have
- Previous experience leading partner negotiations, not just data sales
- Familiarity with existing syndicated data products and data aggregators
Perks & Benefits
- Work Anywhere
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].